[ACS][ROM][4.0.4 NS4G] Pool Party V1.2.1 Milestone 1 6/6/12

Search This thread

jivetrky

Jan 4, 2012
Anyone else try upgrading to Matr1x v19 cfs and have it break Wifi? Luckily I did a nandroid backup before because I sometimes forget.

kevincwelch

Apr 4, 2011
Anyone else try upgrading to Matr1x v19 cfs and have it break Wifi? Luckily I did a nandroid backup before because I sometimes forget.

I have not experienced that.

I am running PP, Matrix 19 CFS, and my wifi is running just fine.

I would verify that your wifi isn't in the middle of a hiccup or try clearing dalvik cache, using reset_nstools.zip (search the forums), and flashing Matrix 19 again.

I did have this issue when I flashed 18.5. I flashed 18 again and then 18.5 over it and it was fixed. I suspect, however, that it was just a bad flash or lack of clearing dalvik cache.

jivetrky

Jan 4, 2012
I have not experienced that.

I am running PP, Matrix 19 CFS, and my wifi is running just fine.

I would verify that your wifi isn't in the middle of a hiccup or try clearing dalvik cache, using reset_nstools.zip (search the forums), and flashing Matrix 19 again.

I did have this issue when I flashed 18.5. I flashed 18 again and then 18.5 over it and it was fixed. I suspect, however, that it was just a bad flash or lack of clearing dalvik cache.

OK, I'll have to try it again later today. Maybe I'll redownload just incase it was a bad download or something.

jziggy101

Feb 4, 2010
Dearborn
Lock Screen

I have been running Bugless for sometime and glad I found another rom based upon his work.

What is the status on the screen lock? Does the pattern lock work or is it only the standard swype left or right lock at this time? I don't care for face lock but I need something more secure than the swype-left-right.

Looking forward to trying you rom, downloading now.
Thanks

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
I have been running Bugless for sometime and glad I found another rom based upon his work.

What is the status on the screen lock? Does the pattern lock work or is it only the standard swype left or right lock at this time? I don't care for face lock but I need something more secure than the swype-left-right.

Thanks

All the stock lock screens work I'm working on the extra ones but they aren't ready yet. probably gonna take some time, also this is icsthe lock is honeycomb with the circle by default

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

jivetrky

Jan 4, 2012
OK, I'll have to try it again later today. Maybe I'll redownload just incase it was a bad download or something.

I redownloaded and installed it again, I even tried wiping dalvik, installing, booting, rebooting into recovery and wiping dalvik again. Wifi still was disabled.

I then redid it the v19 install bootted, still the same, rebooted, wiped dalvik, and installed the TSMParts.apk UPDATE. Everything was back to working just fine. Just had to reset NSTools due to the new kernel (obviously).

All's well. I've always been running noop scheduler I'm trying the cfq and so far I can't really notice too much of a difference.

Anyone have opinions on schedulers and why one might be better than another, perhaps specifically on this ROM.

ps BTW, I think the biggest battery saver for this ROM might be having the brightness slider in the notification dropdown. When I'm outdoors I can set it to a level where I can see it, and indoors I usually just slide it all the way down.

Reno Skyy

Mar 23, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey I never had luck with bug less it would always bug out on me but this rom is running fantastic!! I have a request if u could have that notifications don't interrupt music or stop the music just so it sounds that would be awesome thanks!

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen

Thanks

Pattern lock works just fine.

Reactions: jziggy101

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
Answer one big memory I'm not even familiar with I'll get back to you about support, as far as expanding the features without a doubt. I just finished this build two days before I released, it's just the beginning.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Did you ever find out if the rom supports big mem? I don't think it does... :cool:

Last edited:

myepicyear

Feb 20, 2011
Tampa, FL (ugh..)
Did you ever find out if the rom supports big mem? I don't think it does... :cool:

It does with Matrix v19 implementation, as I have 230-240 MB of free ram most of the time with it..I know that there is a flashable fix for big-mem in the AirKernel thread, for those experiencing reboot issues,etc.. That will probably remedy the instability some are experiencing.
On a lighter note, this is a great ROM. Don't know what feels so different, but its slick. Development in here is reaching dizzying new heights. Makes my Galaxy Nexus envy very easy to deal with. I'm excited for Sprint to get it, yet I'm having no problem with patiently waiting right here. Thank you for your hard work and personal time dreamsforgotten :)

zackandethan

Mar 29, 2011
Still running smooth sir . Trying out some kernels though. Found no benefit to things like v6 , and other scripts . Good the way it is .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DREAMSFORGOTTEN
    AND ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE PRESENT
    Direct Port of TSM Pool Party V1.2 Milestone 1

gnexdisplay.png

I give you TSM Pool Part v1.2.1 ICS 4.0.4 for the Nexus S 4G. Pool Party began with Sbrissen (xda/rootzwiki) a Samsung Fascinate developer that ported every single SGS style lockscreen into one convenient package. At the time, his work was called TeamSbrissenMod Lockscreens. After perfecting the control app TSMParts.apk and adding in some status bar GUI love and a few other system wide options, he packed it into what was called Pool Party. The rom was released on the Facsinate, ported to the Epic in GB by Maddoggin and ported to the NS4G as well as the Nexus S by myself (Dreamsforgotten). Since GB, Sbrissen has been churning out work (I believe for CM9 ICS) on the Fascinate and has stopped production of Pool Party. I put this together for everyone to continue to enjoy the Pool Party Line of Roms.

Android:Source = IMM76D ICS 4.0.4 using Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast as a base
    Android:platform = Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    Android:Kernel = Mathkid Matr1x 18.5
    GPL compliance http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1361478

Sbrissen's Official Thread can be found here: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?2670-ROM-8-24-TSMPoolParty-V1.2-2.3.5&
    Please stop by and thank Scott for everything without which this would never be possible.

This ROM is built from Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast repo as a source. The features in the ROM are a colaboration of TSMPool Party code via Sbrissen, CM9 source, and AOKP source. The control app is 100% work of Sbrissen and I re wrote the app to speak to the new variables in ICS that changed since GB (which was a **** ton!)

FULL LIST COMING SOON
    Vendor/Device files courtesy of Bugless Pete
    Java Tips courtesty of Parabola (Can't stress enough how many times this dude came to my aid!)

Code:
    Currently Working Features:

General Options:

Window Animations 
    Transition Animations
    Fancy Input Animations
    Haptic Feedback
    Compatability Mode

Device Info:

Battery History
    Battery Information
    Usage Statistics

Lockscreen Options: (Currently Disabled)

Music Controls (Show up automatic for now, will be added when Lockscreen tab is added back to TSMParts.apk
    Always Show Music Controls

Status Bar Options: (All working 4/7/12)

Clock Style                AM/PM Visible small large 
    Clock Color                Pick any color
    Clock Position            Center Middle Gone
    Signal Style              Icon | Text | Icon w dBM |
    Battery Style            Icon | Text | Icon/Text | Icon/Text Center | Hide | 
    Battery Bar               StatusBar | Hidden |
    Carrier Text              Can change the Text at the bottom of the Lockscreen This Requires a DATA RESET if you want it to pick up the actual network again
    Hide Alarm Icon         Warning, not instant takes quite a while to trigger
    Hide ADB Icon           "                                                                "

Settings available in Settings-Display interface (AOKP)
    Auto-Hide Status Bar when full screen app (AOKP)
    Status Bar Toggles (AOKP
        Enable Toggles
        Toggle Order
        Brightness-Location
        Autio-hide toggles
        Toggle Style
        Reset Config

Overall UI Settings
    Long Press Back to Kill Apps

Misc Settings
    ALL

Currently NOT working:
    Enable Screen Off/On CRT animations inside Overall UI Settings

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    Put Zip on SDCard
    Factory Data Reset Phone/ Delete Dalvik Cace **NECESSARY STEP
    Flash in CWM recovery
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Here's Qbking with amazing videos as always:

install:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZwaEHrj_g

Review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB231FnIFVE

Change Log V0.5
    Initial Release (.5 Version number signifies it's not whole. When Lockscreen tab is added back into TSMParts.apk, that will be version 1.0 However the code is already in the rom this will only require and app update to fix.

Make sure to choose any luck screen once you boot do not! ! ! use rotary unless you like random reboots!

(Newest Rom 6/6/12 Also the same rom available as version 1 on Goo Manager)
    Daily Driver
    DOWNLOAD TSM POOL PARTY V1.2.1 NS4G
    TSM POOL PARTY V1.2.1 NS4G

Follow Me:
    Twitter @Dreamsforgott3n
    Facebook
    Google+ James DeVesci

If you feel like donating you can here:

PoolParty.png

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Status Report:

As of this morning I got the lockscreen menu in the control app with the follow features listed:

Lockscreen Style

[Submenu Widget Options]
    -Always show battery Info
    -Long press volume up to switch tracks

Lockscreen Wallpaper

Lockscreen Style and Wallpaper are still not functional. Will post new control app when I make further progress.
    You guys welcome I'll be more active soon been working hard on the ROM

Sent from NS4G Pool Party
    I found the solution to the status bar issue, is going to take some work but hopefully soon. The problem is the status bar can't determine the proper height to close all the way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    For those who participate, happy 420 :D

Sent from NS4G Pool Party