Stock Flashable LS995 Sprint Flex Rom

Search This thread

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
Here is a stock flashable sprint flex rom for those who might ever need it. It can be used for development purposes or if you simply messed up your phone and need it.

steps to install

1. First download Playfulgods app that installs clockwork mod recovery
2. Download the flashable rom located here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HYWZRx8JLsRHhPVVhvQko3akU/edit?usp=sharing
3. Boot to recovery by turning phone all the way off and holding down vol + and power until you see a black screen with a symbol and korean writing. You will then see cwm recovery start.
4. scroll to advance
5. click the loki toggle. This will stop the recovery from trying to loki the boot.img and causing an error. The boot.img is already lokied thanks to Playfulgod
6. Install the Rom and let it finish
7. reboot the device.

PattyNYC

Sep 26, 2009
Queens
So if loki is enabled in cwm then the rom dev doesn't need to patch the boot.img? or is because it's the stock boot.img?

didithu

Apr 5, 2014
Awesome! U r the man. Thx!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scarsofapathy

Mar 26, 2013
Any headway on a 4.4 Rom? Decided I'll wait for a Rom rather than unroot for the update. It's good to see advances are being made! Good work dude.

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Any headway on a 4.4 Rom? Decided I'll wait for a Rom rather than unroot for the update. It's good to see advances are being made! Good work dude.

If your on sprint variant you can update to kitkat and root it with IOroot25 that's what i did. I'm also waiting for roms but not 4.2.2 roms im waiting for kitkat roms i don't see the point to be hype for JB roms when kitkat is out and as long as you can root kitkat that should be fine to hold you off until roms start popping out.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
If your on sprint variant you can update to kitkat and root it with IOroot25 that's what i did. I'm also waiting for roms but not 4.2.2 roms im waiting for kitkat roms i don't see the point to be hype for JB roms when kitkat is out and as long as you can root kitkat that should be fine to hold you off until roms start popping out.

need recovery to work on kk first b4 you can have roms. ;)

scarsofapathy

Mar 26, 2013
So if I flash this stock Rom will my phone accept the kk update or do I still need to unroot? I read something about needing to unroot but also read you can flash a stock Rom? Confused about the best way to take the kk update. I've just seen some people saying it's best to wait for a kk Rom and others say go ahead and update then root haha

dabar7

May 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
Here is a stock flashable sprint flex rom for those who might ever need it. It can be used for development purposes or if you simply messed up your phone and need it.

steps to install

2. Download the flashable rom located here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HYWZRx8JLsRHhPVVhvQko3akU/edit?usp=sharing
3. Boot to recovery by turning phone all the way off and holding down vol + and power until you see a black screen with a symbol and korean writing. You will then see cwm recovery start.
4. scroll to advance
5. click the loki toggle. This will stop the recovery from trying to loki the boot.img and causing an error. The boot.img is already lokied thanks to Playfulgod
7. reboot the device.

I desperately need this and the link doesn't work, ..I need to fastboot flash all these files because this phone won't respond to charging and the screen doesn't show anything, yet it willl take fastboot flashes...it's strange..even "fastboot devices" returns a "? fastboot" instead of showing the device #

rekamyenom

Sep 20, 2010
Clearwater
adb

steps to install

4. scroll to advance
7. reboot the device.

Was finally able to download the zip file, is there anyway to get it on my device from Recovery? My Device is stuck in a boot loop but I can get the phone into recovery mode, but I believe the CWM on my device isn't working 100%, I can back up and restore if that helps, but when I restart the system, I get nothing but the LG Boot Logo.

Tried adb sideload, "device not found"

UPDATE: Somehow got sideload to cooperate but keep getting * failed to write data 'protocol fault <no status>' * get this at about 55-60%

Sideload gets to exactly 59% every time, then fails. Can I not sideload this Stock ROM?

Last edited:

Mildromeda

Jun 27, 2014
SCHENECTADY

steps to install

4. scroll to advance
7. reboot the device.

Were you ever able to make a kit Kat zip I have someone who will they also were looking for the about and stock kit Kat recovery for ls995

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

adb

Was finally able to download the zip file, is there anyway to get it on my device from Recovery? My Device is stuck in a boot loop but I can get the phone into recovery mode, but I believe the CWM on my device isn't working 100%, I can back up and restore if that helps, but when I restart the system, I get nothing but the LG Boot Logo.

Tried adb sideload, "device not found"

UPDATE: Somehow got sideload to cooperate but keep getting * failed to write data 'protocol fault <no status>' * get this at about 55-60%

Sideload gets to exactly 59% every time, then fails. Can I not sideload this Stock ROM?

This same thing is happening to me I'm on kit Kat but like an idiot installed twrp and now I only have twrp dlmode and I can ADB push ADB sideload reads but I get that same protocol thing annoying

skytechja

Mar 16, 2012
kingston

steps to install

2. Download the flashable rom located here: [B]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HYWZRx8JLsRHhPVVhvQko3akU/edit?usp=sharing[/B]
4. scroll to advance
7. reboot the device.

link not working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

steps to install

4. scroll to advance
    7. reboot the device.

need recovery to work on kk first b4 you can have roms. ;)
    Very nice work,....

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app
    So if loki is enabled in cwm then the rom dev doesn't need to patch the boot.img? or is because it's the stock boot.img?

Clock work is having errors with loki at the moment. Therefor Playfulgod made me a lokied stock boot.img for now. So loki is not needed.
    Is this 4.2.2 ZV3 or 4.4 ZV6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4.2.2. I am going to try to make a 4.4.2 today

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app