[Q] D2ATT modem question

Search This thread

cody11777

Jul 4, 2014
Hello i have a D2ATT and am currently running Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.6-OFFICIAL-5242 on the latest kt747 kernel with twrp. i have never been on the 4.3 firmware. i have this issue where my cell signal randomly drops to no service and have had this problem since i got the phone. i originally thought it might be the phone or my sim card but after updating my dads lg optimus pro g to the latest firmware his phone started doing it too. anyway i was wondering what all modems i can flash to try and fix this problem. i was on the lk3 modem and i just flashed to the lem modem but the problem seems to persist. so i assume its safe to flash to any modem between those. my question is can i flash the mg2 or mjb modems without bricking my phone? has anyone else had this problem and solved it my flashing a specific modem?

Last edited:

cody11777

Jul 4, 2014
Well if two completely different phones do it its probably a true signal issue.....do you sit around 1-2 bars?

That is I possibility but my phone was doing it months before his and his only started once he updated. The thing is it used to work fine in a city 2 hours away but now both our phones are doing it almost everywhere. And actually I usually sit around 3 to 4 and it will drop to nothing where the triangle is empty not just greyed out. It will do this every 5 minutes or so for about 30 seconds to a minute then go back to great signal without even moving the phone. It will work great during a call but as soon as the call ends signal drops to nothing. My girlfriends iPhone 4 doesn't do this nor does my grandads low end android phone. Like I said I would just assume its something wrong with my device if my dads didn't start doing it after an update to KitKat official. BTW all phones are gsm 1 is at&t (my dads) and the other 3 are net10 (prepaid that uses at&t towers)

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If you are on NE4 firmware, with a touchwiz rom, I know flashing the 4.3 modem will not brick, but it will not work (no signal). Its just a guess until confirmed, but I'd bet the same will happen with other modems and roms (dont know for sure on cm/aosp though) This basically means you are stuck using the NE4 modem im afraid....

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Once I find someone to test it, and provided it works as it should, ill be posting the odin flashable full NE4 firmware. You might want to try that if you see me post it. Otherwise, im not really sure what else you could try...except maybe flash a different rom (4.3 roms would be goo