[Q] Root? Bootloader? Fill me in?

Search This thread

Pure Heroine

Jul 5, 2014
Ok so I am not new to XDA, but i am new to posting etc. I have a question though... i know some phones you cant do anything with a locked bootloader but i remember on my lg g pro i just rooted it and flashed ROM's until my heart said stop... i wonder if its the same with verizon droid MAXX/Ultra? i am new to this thread so can someone fill me in? I bought... well free from from verizon and it had i think its first 4.4 update with the blue hue to it still then i checked to see if there were any updates which was.. so i updated i guess it changed that blue hue to white and some other stuff under the hood... but i wonder is there root for 4.4? and if so or not can you flash roms on this device if bootloader is locked? may be a noob question but i have flashed some things you would never believed worked.

teerout

Feb 12, 2012
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Ok so I am not new to XDA, but i am new to posting etc. I have a question though... i know some phones you cant do anything with a locked bootloader but i remember on my lg g pro i just rooted it and flashed ROM's until my heart said stop... i wonder if its the same with verizon droid MAXX/Ultra? i am new to this thread so can someone fill me in? I bought... well free from from verizon and it had i think its first 4.4 update with the blue hue to it still then i checked to see if there were any updates which was.. so i updated i guess it changed that blue hue to white and some other stuff under the hood... but i wonder is there root for 4.4? and if so or not can you flash roms on this device if bootloader is locked? may be a noob question but i have flashed some things you would never believed worked.

start here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2613548&page=32