[Q] Buy you a beer? Soft Brick - Help please!

Search This thread

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011
Hey... I don't know why I didn't make a backup... stupidity... but I flashed a non-Sprint ROM to my Sprint HTC One phone with TWRP and now when the phone starts I am stuck on the HTC One logo.

I've tried various things to resolve the issue but none have worked. Fastboot sees the phone just fine but I cannot get ADB to see the device or do a sideload. I've tried installing the latest HTC drivers repeatedly but my Device Manager just says "One" for the detection of the device.

I am really frustrated and willing to buy someone a beer if they can help me sort this out. Any other steps I can take? Thank you.

Last edited:

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Hey... I don't know why I didn't make a backup... stupidity... but I flashed a non-Sprint ROM to my Sprint HTC One phone with TWRP and now when the phone starts I am stuck on the HTC One logo.

I've tried various things to resolve the issue but none have worked. Fastboot sees the phone just fine but I cannot get ADB to see the device or do a sideload. I've tried installing the latest HTC drivers repeatedly but my Device Manager just says "One" for the detection of the device.

I am really frustrated and willing to buy someone a beer if they can help me sort this out. Any other steps I can take? Thank you.
Download a Sprint HTC One RUU and boot into fastboot mode. Run the RUU and wait a few minutes for it to do its thing. Note, it will wipe your phone clean. Another option, if you can boot into recovery mode, is to uninstall the HTC drivers and install universal ADB drivers from http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver (sideload doesn't work with official HTC drivers sometimes) and sideload a compatible ROM.

Reactions: markinsf

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011
Download a Sprint HTC One RUU and boot into fastboot mode. Run the RUU and wait a few minutes for it to do its thing. Note, it will wipe your phone clean. Another option, if you can boot into recovery mode, is to uninstall the HTC drivers and install universal ADB drivers from http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver (sideload doesn't work with official HTC drivers sometimes) and sideload a compatible ROM.

Thanks - I already tried to run an RUU and it failed - are there difff versions?

I will try the the universal ADB drivers. Thanks. :D

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Thanks - I already tried to run an RUU and it failed - are there difff versions?

RUU probably failed due to you having an updated HBOOT and it trying to downgrade to a lower HBOOT version. Also, for an RUU to succeed, you have to lock your bootloader first.

Reactions: markinsf

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011
Just for reference, this is the newest RUU I found for the Sprint HTC One http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910
It seems fairly recent, might be worth a try if you don't have that RUU, but it's best you try the Universal ADB driver first and try sideloading with that.

Thank you for the suggestion of using the Universal ADB driver. I was able to sideload a ROM (ecliptic kitkat).

I am now booting into the ROM but stuck in a boot loop. Do you suggest a different ROM or is it some other issue?

Thanks!!!

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Thank you for the suggestion of using the Universal ADB driver. I was able to sideload a ROM (ecliptic kitkat).

I am now booting into the ROM but stuck in a boot loop. Do you suggest a different ROM or is it some other issue?

Thanks!!!
Is it a Sprint ROM? The bootloops could be caused by bad kernel or might need a factory reset from within twrp.
Edit: unlock your bootloader so the kernel can be flashed!

Last edited:

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011

Gamer765 - My HTC is back up again. After trying to sideload various ROMs I was able to load CM11, did a fact reset, and flashed the boot.img and it appears to be working.

Your suggestion to use the universal ADB driver saved the day. Can I buy you a beer? What is your PayPal address please?

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Gamer765 - My HTC is back up again. After trying to sideload various ROMs I was able to load CM11, did a fact reset, and flashed the boot.img and it appears to be working.

Your suggestion to use the universal ADB driver saved the day. Can I buy you a beer? What is your PayPal address please?
PM sent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RUU probably failed due to you having an updated HBOOT and it trying to downgrade to a lower HBOOT version. Also, for an RUU to succeed, you have to lock your bootloader first.