[Solved!] Slow 3G on my Moto G

Search This thread

Sprangbrake

Jan 7, 2014
I am absolutely in love with this phone but I am really bummed by the 3G data speeds I am getting. I have tested using the Speedtest app all over my city and I never seem to get more than 1Mbps. I just tested my wife's iPhone 4 in the same location as my Moto G and she got 5Mbps and above and I got 0.70Mbps on the Moto G. Both phones are Straight Talk. I really want to keep this phone but these speeds are a dealbreaker. Any ideas?

Edit: I stumbled upon another thread that mentioned that you can set the preferred network. Even though my notification has always shown 3G I never knew you could select between 2G and 3G in the preferred network settings. I selected 3G and boom 7.97Mbps. Way fast enough for my needs! I'm keepin' mah phone!

Last edited:
Reactions: _nadnerb

tubs115

Jan 26, 2014
Please help with this issue

I am absolutely in love with this phone but I am really bummed by the 3G data speeds I am getting. I have tested using the Speedtest app all over my city and I never seem to get more than 1Mbps. I just tested my wife's iPhone 4 in the same location as my Moto G and she got 5Mbps and above and I got 0.70Mbps on the Moto G. Both phones are Straight Talk. I really want to keep this phone but these speeds are a dealbreaker. Any ideas?

Edit: I stumbled upon another thread that mentioned that you can set the preferred network. Even though my notification has always shown 3G I never knew you could select between 2G and 3G in the preferred network settings. I selected 3G and boom 7.97Mbps. Way fast enough for my needs! I'm keepin' mah phone!

Hey sprangbreak, I have the moto g as well on straight talk and I tried what you said to fix the extremely slow 3g and mine didn't work. It's still anywhere from 0.05-0.01Mbps. I don't understand how to fix this issue im having.

sacosta115

Mar 15, 2012
Elizabethton
Ya same here. I think I am going to go back to net10 after this month is up. I am in love with this phone too, but have the Moto G from the play store, I should be getting 4G speeds, but hell, I'm not even getting 2G! I've tried all the APN settings I could find on the web and still nothing. Any help would be awesome!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_nadnerb

Mar 5, 2014

Thanks, my speeds improved dramatically after changing that setting. See the attachment, first 2 were before and one after. I'm on 3 network in the UK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-22-54-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-22-54-17.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,262

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.