[Q] FreedomPop- no data with Cyanogen, data with stock

Search This thread

dezork

Jul 10, 2014
Hey guys,

I am trying to get my Galaxy S3 working on the Freedompop network with BYOD.

I flashed to stock firmware:

MD4_update_FULL_Odex.zip

because the MSL code (##786#) that I was supposed to use to reconfigure the radio to Freedompop's network, did not work in CyanogenMod.

In the stock firmware, the code worked, and I got cellular data and voice. However, when I flashed back to CM, the Sprint icon is orange, and I don't have data connectivity any more.

This is the version of CM I flashed to:

cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-d2lte.zip

Any ideas for what could be wrong?

frog7227

Oct 12, 2013
Hey guys,

I am trying to get my Galaxy S3 working on the Freedompop network with BYOD.

I flashed to stock firmware:

MD4_update_FULL_Odex.zip

because the MSL code (##786#) that I was supposed to use to reconfigure the radio to Freedompop's network, did not work in CyanogenMod.

In the stock firmware, the code worked, and I got cellular data and voice. However, when I flashed back to CM, the Sprint icon is orange, and I don't have data connectivity any more.

This is the version of CM I flashed to:

cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-d2lte.zip

Any ideas for what could be wrong?

Same with Carbon, but in carbon if the preferred network is 3G, or 1x, it will connect to those networks but it will not connect to LTE. I also noticed that in carbon it connects to LTE and 1xRTT instead of LTE and 1x800. Also does anyone know any possible way to go to 4.1.2 stock (from stock 4.4.2 KK)? I am also on FreedomPop btw.

frog7227

Oct 12, 2013
Found A Fix

I searched a bit and found a fix, that didn't work at first but worked if you use it a specific way. It's the APN causing the issue. This was found out by user Merudo here on XDA. The fix is to do this:
1. Download a Ting APN fix .zip
2. Go on the ROM with working LTE (stock) and take it's apns-conf.xml (it's in /system/etc/) and copy it to the computer
3. Replace the apns-conf.xml in the Ting APN fix
4. Copy to phone with ROM and Gapps
5. Flash it in right after you flash your rom and gapps (e.g. 1st flash your rom then gapps then the APN fix)
6. Reboot and setup and it should work.
Again Kudos to Merudo for figuring this out. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-15-01-51-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-15-01-51-59.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 145

tankdog03

Nov 25, 2012
ovid
Anyone get note 3 working on here? I'm on boost now with on 3g.. wondering if I can flash just a uicc card to freedom pop lte??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found A Fix

I searched a bit and found a fix, that didn't work at first but worked if you use it a specific way. It's the APN causing the issue. This was found out by user Merudo here on XDA. The fix is to do this:
    1. Download a Ting APN fix .zip
    2. Go on the ROM with working LTE (stock) and take it's apns-conf.xml (it's in /system/etc/) and copy it to the computer
    3. Replace the apns-conf.xml in the Ting APN fix
    4. Copy to phone with ROM and Gapps
    5. Flash it in right after you flash your rom and gapps (e.g. 1st flash your rom then gapps then the APN fix)
    6. Reboot and setup and it should work.
    Again Kudos to Merudo for figuring this out. :)