[Q] Using Tmobile Xperia Z on At&t LTE

Search This thread

sasha_wine

Sep 19, 2013
I unlocked my xperia Z c6606 from T-mobile and I am trying to pick up LTE on at&t network...I am using the following APN settings:

Name: att
APN: pta
MMSC: (I'm new and I cannot post a link...)
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port:80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type:default,fota,mas,supl,hipri,mms
APN prtocal:IPv4/IPv4
Bearer: none

But right now I can only get hspa+ but not LTE...I wiki'ed a little and it seems that Tmobile's LTE is band 4 and at&t has both band 4 and 17 LTE. Does this mean theoretically I should be able to get LTE with this phone (on Sony website it says that this phone has LTE band 4 only) on att?

Please help...Thanks!! :)

sasha_wine

Sep 19, 2013
I unlocked my xperia Z c6606 from T-mobile and I am trying to pick up LTE on at&t network...I am using the following APN settings:

Name: att
APN: pta
MMSC: (I'm new and I cannot post a link...)
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port:80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type:default,fota,mas,supl,hipri,mms
APN prtocal:IPv4/IPv4
Bearer: none

But right now I can only get hspa+ but not LTE...I wiki'ed a little and it seems that Tmobile's LTE is band 4 and at&t has both band 4 and 17 LTE. Does this mean theoretically I should be able to get LTE with this phone (on Sony website it says that this phone has LTE band 4 only) on att?

Please help...Thanks!! :)

Please help please?

sasha_wine

Sep 19, 2013
Data roaming is on?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

Yes data roaming on...and network mode set to "LTE(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM"...My friend who lives right next to my apartment has the same plan and has been using LTE on his iphone...so it should not be the problem of coverage or things like that.... :(

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
Depending on the area and the ROM seeing HSPA+ is your 4G/LTE. On TMoble with my C6606 and a custom ROM I would see HSPA+ instead of 4G like the phone says on the stock ROM. To my knowledge the stock ROM does not say LTE but only 4G up by the battery info.

How are your speeds? I wouldnt rely on the little label telling you if you have LTE connected or not.

sasha_wine

Sep 19, 2013
Depending on the area and the ROM seeing HSPA+ is your 4G/LTE. On TMoble with my C6606 and a custom ROM I would see HSPA+ instead of 4G like the phone says on the stock ROM. To my knowledge the stock ROM does not say LTE but only 4G up by the battery info.

How are your speeds? I wouldnt rely on the little label telling you if you have LTE connected or not.

When I was using T-mobile service on this phone, the download speed was almost 30 Mbps, now it's like ~3 Mbps...even HSPA+ should be at least >5 Mbps?

atti_clearw

Dec 26, 2006
help! :)

Anybody figured this out? I have a C6606 model, and this should work with LTE. Unlocked from T-mobile. Network shows only HSPA+ not LTE. Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in settings>about phone>ststus
    it'll tell you if you are connected to lte or not.
    att mostly uses band 17 for lte, in some places it uses band 4. so if you are luck you will get lte, mostlikely not.