[Q] Cifs unicode module for Android 3.1 (Prime 1.4)

Search This thread

XPNect

Jul 18, 2010
Hello,

Just got my new TF and thanks to XDA I've already rooted it and installed rom Prime 1.4 to get a rooted 3.1 android version.
Everything goes fine except for mapping network shares. Mounting network shares with cifs manager is ok except that I'm French so some directories in my network got unicode characters and I can't mount them.

Does anyone know how to bypass this limitation ?

On my understanding, I should install a cifs.ko module compiled for the TF and the 3.1 Android version in /system/lib/modules but I don't know where to find such module.

Thanks in advance

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Try es strongs file explorer. It allows you to add network shares.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

XPNect

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks, but I've already done it without success.

The issue is not to map a share, this is working. The real issue is that share with unicode characters (like é, è, à...) are not working.

Thanks anyway

dnts

Mar 22, 2006
Im also rooted with prime 1.4 buf cant get any shared volume to mount via cifs manager. What am i missing here?

XPNect

Jul 18, 2010
Don't know if this can help you or not, but my 1st mistake with cifs manager when I tried it fist time was that I haven't put anything on mount point.

What you need on the fields of cifs manager is:
Share Path: The path to your share ==> ex: 192.168.1.5/share (this is the shared dir on your server)
Mount point: The name of the "false" directory that will simulate that your share is on your tablet ==> ex: /sdcard/cifs/share (this is up to you but keep close to this)

Plus of course username and password (I thinks that anonymous connection is not allowed anyway)

Hope this help

Tortel1210

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
I don't know how I can do that. Is it an argument to parse in a field of cifs manager ? If so how should I do that ?
Can you help me with this please.

If you edit the settings for a mount point (Long press on it, then choose edit), there is an options text field at the bottom. Put it in there, save, and try mounting it.

Reactions: XPNect

dnts

Mar 22, 2006
Don't know if this can help you or not, but my 1st mistake with cifs manager when I tried it fist time was that I haven't put anything on mount point.

What you need on the fields of cifs manager is:
Share Path: The path to your share ==> ex: 192.168.1.5/share (this is the shared dir on your server)
Mount point: The name of the "false" directory that will simulate that your share is on your tablet ==> ex: /sdcard/cifs/share (this is up to you but keep close to this)

Plus of course username and password (I thinks that anonymous connection is not allowed anyway)

Hope this help

Thanks!!! Dont know how or why but now it works!

XPNect

Jul 18, 2010
If you edit the settings for a mount point (Long press on it, then choose edit), there is an options text field at the bottom. Put it in there, save, and try mounting it.

It works fine a big thanks.

I've been abused by the comment and I was thinking that this box was only for a domain name... feel stupid sometime :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts