Massive drain battery

Search This thread

foxracer89

Nov 4, 2013
Hi,

I have huge problem which hasn't occurred for the first time. I left my t520 with 92% and fell asleep. When I woke up it was at 40%. I had wifi off, and turned off wifi scanning when eve n off (which caused drain esrlier). According to wake lock detector the process which keeps running can be seen under. Please help me. In settings it only says that android process (97% usage of battery) has used CPU for 10h42mi and stood awake for 7h45min

wNEhSFt

http://imgur.com/wNEhSFt

P.s. This tab is complete rubbish....

Last edited:

michaelj1981

Oct 26, 2007
Moorhead, MN
i would suggest go into settings....->battery. this should show u what is using your battery the most. if its a app delete it and see if it works. if not i would recomend doing a factory reset. this is what i do when something eats my battery alot.

Hi,

I have huge problem which hasn't occurred for the first time. I left my t520 with 92% and fell asleep. When I woke up it was at 40%. I had wifi off, and turned off wifi scanning when eve n off (which caused drain esrlier). According to wake lock detector the process which keeps running can be seen under. Please help me. In settings it only says that android process (97% usage of battery) has used CPU for 10h42mi and stood awake for 7h45min

wNEhSFt

chelper

Oct 13, 2010
Atlanta
Hi,

wNEhSFt

Are you using Songza? It has big problems right now with battery drain. The deal is, is probably not the device. There is an app that is causing your issue.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

foxracer89

Nov 4, 2013
The tab yesterday got from 30% to complete 0% with everything off (aeroplane mode, sync off etc.) just laying on the desk.

In settings its shows that battery is drained only by Android process.

I was thinking about what might be the cause and just realised that it started to happen just affter purchase of original samsung case for this tab. Is it possible that it had impact on one of the processes? Cause CPU is active almost all the time despite neither app running in the background... Maybe it's due to the magnetic thingy which wakes the screen?:p

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I was thinking about what might be the cause and just realised that it started to happen just affter purchase of original samsung case for this tab. Is it possible that it had impact on one of the processes? Cause CPU is active almost all the time despite neither app running in the background... Maybe it's due to the magnetic thingy which wakes the screen?:p

If the magnet is turning the tablet on, the screen would be on, and you can see that even with the cover of the case closed. So if you can see the screen if off, then I would say no, the magnet is not causing your drain problem.

Do you have Skype installed? This is a known battery drain problem on Kitkat as well. Its a bug within Kitkat itself, so maybe that is why its being reported as the Android process, and not one of your apps.

foxracer89

Nov 4, 2013
If the magnet is turning the tablet on, the screen would be on, and you can see that even with the cover of the case closed. So if you can see the screen if off, then I would say no, the magnet is not causing your drain problem.

Do you have Skype installed? This is a known battery drain problem on Kitkat as well. Its a bug within Kitkat itself, so maybe that is why its being reported as the Android process, and not one of your apps.

I don't think it's an app problem. I have only few apps installed (news reader, 2 games, fb and few random apps;). I'll upload the screenshot when I'll be at home;)

Brendo

Yep, my battery has started playing up. It likes to say it's 21% but then goes to 15, then between 2 and 4 within a couple of minutes. Sometimes runs on 1% for ages. But then dies, I turn it back on and it says 21%

Don't know if is root related. Our if I just need a hard reset. Going to try draining battery fully, then charging to full with device off

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

Hossie2k

Oct 15, 2010
I also have never seen such a huge battery drain on any samsung or android device. For once, if you dont need it, go into settings and location services. Just disable it completly with that switch. This reduces the drain a lot, but is still way to high...

For me, it drains about 20% overnight with location on (completly offline) and about 10% without location services.

JAIMEREYES

Jan 29, 2016
I have the same problem as well. It will continuously drain from 90-50 in minutes and then 50-15 and so on. 1% sometimes lasts for 30 minutes+ and when I restart it will be 15+% again. I thought it might be because of custom roms so I reset it back to stock many times and same problem. The only apps I have installed are adobe reader and es file manager.

f_ries

Sep 13, 2011
Mannheim
I have the same problem as well. It will continuously drain from 90-50 in minutes and then 50-15 and so on. 1% sometimes lasts for 30 minutes+ and when I restart it will be 15+% again. I thought it might be because of custom roms so I reset it back to stock many times and same problem. The only apps I have installed are adobe reader and es file manager.

boy, you're digging out a two year old thread!!
if you have such a battery drain you have different (unsatisfying) choices:
1. try battery calibration or other roms
2. throw you tab away + buy a new one
3. buy a new battery
4. accept it (like me)
5. wait until someone brings an awesome new rom which will give an awesome battery life

(sorry for hidden sarcasm but this tablet is just a big disappointment (for me))

Sicron

Jan 16, 2011
I don't think you should throw away devices or buy new batteries without first analyzing what the problem could be. If you are rooted, download an app such as Wakelock Detector and BetterBatteryStats first, make sure there isn't some rogue app or process that is constantly running in the background. Also, if you are running the 8.4 (or perhaps it also works with the 10.1 / 12.1), check out the link in my signature on how to reseat your battery. Many people have found success with all kinds of battery problems.