Your launcher of choice?

Search This thread

Coderedpl

Curious to know what people are running on their Galaxy Tab's.
What is the smoothest? It seems stock has a bit of jitternes, I'm running overcome rom on my fiances tab and just want to give her one that would be the smoothest all around.

So what do you have?
Go Launcher Ex
Go Launcher Ex HD
Nova
ADW

etc....

subtil123

Feb 5, 2012
Paris
I'm running in Overcome with ADW Launcher and it's very, very fast and smooth.
This one is really good. I don't tried others but if someone has already tested 2 or 3 launcher his opinion will be interresting.
thanks.

Riche101UK

Sep 19, 2011
Staying with Adw Ex even with ICS as I like having Dock Bar

Sent from my GT-P7310 using XDA Premium HD app

seanw712

Sep 29, 2011
Schilde
GO Launcher HD, definately the best around.
It's the fastest and has a lot of options, doesn't use up too much ram either.

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
I'm now using GO Launcher.

Waiting for ICS to come out b4 I root and use custom rom so not really trying to do too much to it for now.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Go Launcher HD. Its the only one (on HC or ICS) that has acceptable widgets scrolling speed. Its still a little jittery for homescreen swiping, but its a good compromise.

triften

Sep 22, 2010
I have had great experience with ADW on a Droid X handset. Is there have a tablet-optimized version of ADW?

d.lavaman

Mar 12, 2012
Hi everyone

I'm using Go Launcher HD. It's def good. Much better on a tablet than EX.
Can't wait for an HD version of SPB. When done well it speeds up one's UI
noticably. For the moment it's a bit rubbish though and very expensive.

Instant Gravy

Feb 5, 2010
I use ADW EX. works just fine on a tablet, and I like how I can turn off the dock and menus, giving it a clean desktop feel. plus there are some really slick icon themes out there for ADW, too.

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
Stock was ok for me, I was definitely missing the folder functions but I stopped using widgets because they were slow so I just dropped a bunch of icons around.

Now I moved on to ICS, so whatever came with the rom is what I'm using and it has folders! :p

d.lavaman

Mar 12, 2012
Go Launcher HD

Hi

Go Launcher HD is really good lately and keeps improving. I like the looks of SPB shell but it's definitely not ready yet for the tablet.

AWD is praised everywhere. But I never tried it pretty happy with the GO Launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pro tip: For this you need GoogleDrive, Nova ( I have pro ) and a file explorer. There are differences between file explorers, some won't share to Google drive, some won't unzip huge files. Just my experience and this may be info some know. But for me, its great Intel to a first timer.

I'm not sure how other launchers work so this pertains to nova. Although it may work for others.

Go snag some icon packs, preferably some from thaPhlash. Unzip them on your SD. Set them where you want. Sort thru them, long press the ones you favor and "share" them either one by one or a group if the file explorer supports it to your Google drive. No one likes huge zips and files in the SD for no reason. This way you can ditch the icon pack from your SD and work from drive.

Using a launcher back up for fast custom icon changes: I got a few packs, I set up my icons like I wanted, then went into Nova settings and backed up creating a profile kind of. I went thru and made 5 or 6 different back ups of the different icon layouts I created. Now, all I have to do is go into nova settings and restore the backup of my choice, If you're a memory nazi like me, you can put your backups on Google drive also. Using drive allows these backups and icons to be accessed by any device you're signed into. So, if you're tablet and phone both use nova, you can share in between them and save a lot of time. Some of you may know this, but some may enjoy it. Have fun....share your tricks and tips also.......screenshots in my album.

Sent from my Beast using XDA Premium™
    I've been using Nova on all of my devices recently. It worked beautifully on my GTab 10.1 when I had it, as well as my kindle fire, GNex and One X. Hoping it runs well on my LTE 8.9 when it gets here as well. This will be my first connected tablet, and I'm hoping it cuts down on needed devices to carry with me.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Interesting thing bout nova and multiple devices. You can upload your Nova layout backups to dropbox, and transfer them to other devices running nova and replicate your setup with out having to redo it all. Just download the back up and restore to the new device.

Sent from my CM10 KF™