30 pin galaxy tab to micro USB adapter

Search This thread

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Hi, I I recently bought this adapter online so i don't have to carry two separate cables when I travel (one for tab, and other for phone).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...rs_Chargers&hash=item19c4c95c01#ht_1561wt_802

This product works well as it allows you to charge your tab with a micro sd cable and standard tab wall charger or any charger with usb dongle. If you have any questions let me know, I but I highly recommend this to all tab users who also have phones that charge through micro usb.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Last edited:

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
What I want to try next is to plug my s2 otg cable into the adapter and get host mode.

If anyone can link me to the kernel that works with overcome let me know.

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Thanks for the tip bro. Orderd it when you posted and got it sent yesterday. Should be here next week :)

Never thought of the host capabilities thou. Another reason to get one :)

| MIUI Powered Galaxy Tab | Tapatalk |

Reactions: rexyu38

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the tip bro. Orderd it when you posted and got it sent yesterday. Should be here next week :)

I have (2) different micro usb host cables for galaxy s 2 and I was thinking of trying to consolidate and use them here too but I don't know how to compile a kernel with host capabilities.

If someone where to be able to make one for me that will work with overcome I can test this.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

nashwing

Nov 20, 2007
May want to edit OP to reflect MicroUSB, not MicroSD - Might be helpful.

Not being rude, #justsayin

:)

cyberblue

Mar 16, 2008
Washington
I was gonna buy 1 but the description says "Computer + micro usb data cable can not charge. Please use the original wall adapter to charge with this cable!"
is it true that when you plug it in to a computer it will only do data but won't charge the battery?

nashwing

Nov 20, 2007
I was gonna buy 1 but the description says "Computer + micro usb data cable can not charge. Please use the original wall adapter to charge with this cable!"
is it true that when you plug it in to a computer it will only do data but won't charge the battery?

I just got mine today, plugged in, and it shows a red 'x' over the battery and does not indicate it's charging... :(

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
I just got mine today, plugged in, and it shows a red 'x' over the battery and does not indicate it's charging... :(

If you want to use a computer or an usb wall charger you can buy a USB DC dongle and it will charge.

Ill link you to the one I have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-car-wal...?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item2c5c07736b

I can confirm this works, I bought 2!

Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Last edited:

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Lets get a working kernel with host support and ill test my micro USB otg cable

0okami

Oct 12, 2005
USA

If you want to use a computer or an usb wall charger you can buy a USB DC dongle and it will charge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-car-wal...?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item2c5c07736b

Hope this helps

Interesting! What magic is making this happen? I thought usb was limited to 500ma draw before the computer starts complaining. Is this safe? I mean, it works, thats great but i'd love to know why/how? :)

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
No idea... but it charges for me. Slower than from the original USB wall charger but it will charge.

spazlon

Oct 15, 2007

arsoomro

Mar 17, 2012
OTG for samsung galaxy tab -

I am using Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab (Wifi edition). I want to use small usb keyboad with it.
Is it possible with OTG cable?? anyone has used or tried it before??

or if you have experience with something else, do let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Rahim Muinir

derpderpy

Apr 14, 2012

Hope this helps

Nice! This is exactly what I was looking for, as I've repurposed my P1000 as a head unit and need to charge it in the car while it's in use, and didn't have any success hacking together a cable with resistors to do the trick.

StirliX

Dec 1, 2008
Moscow
what about file sync? i mean can it work like regular usb cable to connect tab2 to PC, for file managment and stuff?
it should be possible, since it's regular usb2.0 on the other side of the cable and micro-usb is just the same wiring but smaller...

so i noticed it doesn't charge from a PC's usb, and it will do if i use magical adapter mentioned in replies here, right?
The Question is = will it allow file management and charging at the same time if i use micro-usb and usb-charge adapter?

also found this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/592818965/for_Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_USB_Adapter.html
it only states that it charges over micro-usb, not sure if it can transfer data.

and this: http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/232254.htm
this states that it's for P1000 (dunno, do they have same connector?) and it doesn't clarify if it's for charging only or can transfer data

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I I recently bought this adapter online so i don't have to carry two separate cables when I travel (one for tab, and other for phone).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...rs_Chargers&hash=item19c4c95c01#ht_1561wt_802

This product works well as it allows you to charge your tab with a micro sd cable and standard tab wall charger or any charger with usb dongle. If you have any questions let me know, I but I highly recommend this to all tab users who also have phones that charge through micro usb.