[Q] Pinkish/Purplish Camera Defect! Please Help!

Search This thread

pros1996

Jun 18, 2014
Hi everyone.

I got my brand new HTC One yesterday and this phone rocks! Only problem is the camera getting the what you guys already know as the red/purple tint due to camera defect.
Now i live in guyana and sadly there are to htc repair centers. I bought this phone from the US.
I have the sd vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-05-10 camera sensor in my phone.
I read somewhere on this forum that persons with this problem send their phone to a repair center and the replace the sensor with ov4688 sensor module.

Is there a way for me to buy this module online or something?

There are guys over here who can replace it easily.

Please help. I really love taking images.

Thanks very much.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi everyone.

I got my brand new HTC One yesterday and this phone rocks! Only problem is the camera getting the what you guys already know as the red/purple tint due to camera defect.
Now i live in guyana and sadly there are to htc repair centers. I bought this phone from the US.
I have the sd vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-05-10 camera sensor in my phone.
I read somewhere on this forum that persons with this problem send their phone to a repair center and the replace the sensor with ov4688 sensor module.

Is there a way for me to buy this module online or something?

There are guys over here who can replace it easily.

Please help. I really love taking images.

Thanks very much.

Your phone is brand new, you should consider contacting htc usa and sending your phone for repair so your warranty will not be void. Im pretty sure repairing an htc phone from an unauthorized shop void your warranty.

pros1996

Jun 18, 2014
Your phone is brand new, you should consider contacting htc usa and sending your phone for repair so your warranty will not be void. Im pretty sure repairing an htc phone from an unauthorized shop void your warranty.

Yeah but how will i send it i'm in guyana. Oh and i email HTC USA this morning , lets hear what they say.

pintabit

Jan 25, 2013
Does it have a US warranty? Then your best bet may be to do what I did - find someone you trust who's traveling to the US and ask them to deal with it for you. The only thing you'll pay for is shipping to HTC.

Give it plenty of time just in case - they do the repair itself very quickly but the shipping back and forth will take a few days, and there may be a holdup if they see something else that needs to be repaired and they have to contact you about it.