[ROM] PACE 4.4: Pure Android, CAF/CM Enhanced

Search This thread

tdm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Hi, I find that you add a kernel boot parameter: androidboot.selinux=permissive
I want to know why you add this? Is there any compatible issue with selinux between cm and pace?
Yes, I have not taken the time to sort out selinux issues. I should investigate but it's not a high priority.

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
I tried to get location working today by stubbing out the java symbols. It runs but I'm not seeing notifications from fences. Need to dig some more.

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Okay I finally got around to pulling in double-tap-to-wake and double-tap-to-sleep. Now I can update the repos with find7s support.

I plan to push a new build out later this week.

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Oh yeah, and screen-off gesture for camera works also (draw circle to bring up camera). I'm going to leave out the torch gesture (draw vee for torch) because it's too easy to trigger accidentally.

Reactions: uppon2

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
I've been trying to fix the wallpaper issue on find7s the last two days. The problem is in the egl texture later. I went through over 1000 commits in CM fw/base and picked just about 120 of them, mainly caf. But the problem persists. So in continuing to look.

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Okay so I finally installed CM11 on the find7s and set a wallpaper using wallbase. Any guesses what happens? Yeah, same thing as pacerom... black screen and flickering with EGL texture errors in the log. So I've been banging my head for the last 2 days trying to fix an issue that is in my upstream code. Head, meet wall. Repeatedly.

So this means I need to tidy up pacerom sources, get everything synced up, and roll a build. Then I need to see if I can fix find7s and EGL textures in CM11.

Reactions: silasje1

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
So the wall paper issue is in the app. It scales the image to fit the screen vertical resolution. For 1920x1080 the horizontal size exceeds 4096 which is the hard limit for the texture code.

Interestingly the LG G3 seems to handle this okay. I haven't tried ColorOS yet. The solution may be to crop the image in the wallpaper code in android fw/base.

In any event the issue is minor and I'm rolling a build now. Should be ready in a couple hours.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Top Liked Posts