LG G3 Has A Screen Mode

Search This thread

JCDinPGH

Sep 15, 2009
It's just a guess as I haven't tried it yet. but try changing the setting when you are connected to a tv via the hdmi cable and see if it changes anything on the display on the tv.

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
If you guys looking to fiddle with the color of the display you can go to system settings-accessibility-color adjustment. Turn it on then click it and you can swipe your finger around to adjust the looks of the display.

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
One good thing I learned from this thread is that I can use the Quick Shortcut Maker to link to the hidden KnockOn setting so that I can turn off/on the double tap knock on screen turn on function without going to the 3845 hidden menu. :)

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
One good thing I learned from this thread is that I can use the Quick Shortcut Maker to link to the hidden KnockOn setting so that I can turn off/on the double tap knock on screen turn on function without going to the 3845 hidden menu. :)
Just curious, sorry for off topic, but why do you disable knock on?

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011

Are you able to really disable knock on? I tried making a shortcut for knock on and unchecked the box inside, but still knock on is active.

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
Just curious, sorry for off topic, but why do you disable knock on?

I found that the screen turned on in my pocket a couple of times. Probably because my country has a very humid weather and the screen was detecting touches from the skin through the pocket cloth, which was likely due to moisture built up on the cloth.

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
I found that the screen turned on in my pocket a couple of times. Probably because my country has a very humid weather and the screen was detecting touches from the skin through the pocket cloth, which was likely due to moisture built up on the cloth.
Orale! I never thought of that... Gonna make sure my screen always faces away from my thigh from now on to avoid that. Thanks

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
Are you able to really disable knock on? I tried making a shortcut for knock on and unchecked the box inside, but still knock on is active.

Yes it has been disabled. Which settings you chose? There is a few types. I chose the Settings, KnockON, com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$KnockONSettingsSwitchActivity

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
Yes it has been disabled. Which settings you chose? There is a few types. I chose the Settings, KnockON, com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$KnockONSettingsSwitchActivity

There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.

ucraiova88

Jan 29, 2010
There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.

did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?

No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.

ucraiova88

Jan 29, 2010
No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.

Hi,thanks for the answer. so far i have v10h. i don't want to flash it manually so i am waiting for the OTA. hope this will fix this because i really like the phone with the quickcircle case and i want to use it with it

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
If you download shortcut master and go to its search function, then search for knock on you will find a switch to turn on and off the knock on.

johnson9203

Nov 6, 2009
Hey justinswidebody
,,i cant get the 4.4 update,,,i believe its do to the process we used to get hotspot,,,,anyway to get it back to stock

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm looking in the hidden menu with the Quick Shortcut Maker app and searched screen mode and what do you know its there. Standard, Vivid, and Natural. I cant tell the difference when switching but its there. Just sharing info...:good:
    If you use an alternative launcher as in Nova you can get to the ScreenMode without installing any other app.
    Simply press & hold on Home Screen, select Shortcuts, then from the list select Activities and scroll down to Settings (on my G3 it says there are 364 different settings to choose). Finally scroll through the list until you get to ScreenMode, tap on it and it will create a shortcut icon on your Home screen.
    Tap on the icon and it launches ScreenMode.
    Note: I didn't notice any differences with the choices available.
    Cant find this mode on secret menu..

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app