[ALL] Sidekick 4G ROM/Stock/Root

Search This thread

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
The complete Sidekick 4G rooting/flashing/ toolkit!

Did you brick your phone? Check out the One-click "Easy ODIN" (Java required)
Do you need to root, but don't know how? (Who am I to judge?)
Are you looking for the best ROM for the SK4G up to date? (GOV2)
Do you need the CWM files?
Do you need all the drivers? (needed for "Easy ODIN")
Do you need more speed? (Check out the V6 Supercharger!)
Do you need faster 4G, or more battery? (Check out the 4G Blaze modem!)

If any of these fit you, chances are this kit is perfect for you. If it fits all of your needs, I guess it's just a match made in heaven!

If you find mistakes, please report them so I can correct them and reupload the pack. (I will be making changes as time progresses, so be alert!)

I have given credit to everyone whom I have used their tools. (Check the READMES)

Finally, enjoy! And thanks from everyone at XDA, you're a judgeless community and you helped me get better with Android in general!

se0w0i.png

Primary :
Code:
http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=2275062

Mirror : (Please only use this if the first link doesn't work!)
Code:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/apknpgpwmrhp3xg/SK4G_4-21-2012.rar?dl=1

File size : 477 MB

EDIT : Added new link, and added more stuff in this release.
2nd edit : Added Dropbox link again. PLEASE USE THIS AS A LAST RESORT IF THE FIRST LINK DOESN'T WORK!

Last edited:

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Good job man.
This looks great.
Finally all the files I need in one folder.
I mean I know how to do all of it, but now I know what I'm doing, with organization! :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Question, everytime I try to boot into recovery I always get an error with the signiture verification, I can't flash any roms, what am I doing wrong, any suggestions...thanks

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda premium

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Had tried this before and didn't work, same thing again, keep getting singnature verification error whe I reinstall packages....I had an easier time with the g1 lol.....

starkiller86

Aug 23, 2010
South Texas
I assume you rooted it with Super One Click so I have to ask.. Is this the first time you get into recovery? Have you ever been able to flash roms on this device?

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Yea I used superclick, and I have never been able to get into cwm, only stock recovery, haven't flashed a rom....I read the whole cwm post and tried a few things but no luck.....from what I read the recovery isn't copying to the system/bin....but I am determined to get it, rooted every phone I have had since the g1....but any further help would be appreciated...thanks

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Yea I used superclick, and I have never been able to get into cwm, only stock recovery, haven't flashed a rom....I read the whole cwm post and tried a few things but no luck.....from what I read the recovery isn't copying to the system/bin....but I am determined to get it, rooted every phone I have had since the g1....but any further help would be appreciated...thanks

yeah, it sounds like the recovery binary isn't getting into /system/bin. if you don't mind confirming.... you are extracting the recovery.zip, and putting the recovery file from in there into /system/bin? (then of course you have the update.zip, which is CWM, on the root of your sdcard)

and are you using a file program to paste the recovery file in there? and if/when you do, is it telling you that the file already exists and asking if you want to replace it?

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Yea I extract and I am using root explorer and when I paste it, says 1 exsist and do I want to overwrite, I do so and update is on my sd..so I really am at a loss at y it isn't working...read the forums and people are doing the same as I am and it works...so don't know what my options are to achieve a new rom, lol...thanks for the help

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
damn, ok, that's strange. the only last thing i can think of is, when in stock recovery, you are choosing 'reinstall packages'?

i hope you figure it out, the files definitely work, i just downloaded and used them a few days ago, so i don't know what's going wrong there.

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Yea when in stock I choose reinstall packages, but always get the signature verification failed.....and from what I read its because of the recovery.....but I will keep trying and maybe get lucky on one of them....might just odin and redo the whole proccess again...thanks for the help...

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
Yea when in stock I choose reinstall packages, but always get the signature verification failed.....and from what I read its because of the recovery.....but I will keep trying and maybe get lucky on one of them....might just odin and redo the whole proccess again...thanks for the help...

That is a bit strange...I can't think of anything in this case. If you do ODIN, I can walk you through it.

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
I am going to try adb and see if that's the issuse with copy the recovery to the binary folder, thanks for your help

killa_tattz

Feb 6, 2009
marietta, ga
Does anyone know the code to push from emulator, haent used it in a while I have forgotten a lot....thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The complete Sidekick 4G rooting/flashing/ toolkit!

Did you brick your phone? Check out the One-click "Easy ODIN" (Java required)
    Do you need to root, but don't know how? (Who am I to judge?)
    Are you looking for the best ROM for the SK4G up to date? (GOV2)
    Do you need the CWM files?
    Do you need all the drivers? (needed for "Easy ODIN")
    Do you need more speed? (Check out the V6 Supercharger!)
    Do you need faster 4G, or more battery? (Check out the 4G Blaze modem!)

If any of these fit you, chances are this kit is perfect for you. If it fits all of your needs, I guess it's just a match made in heaven!

If you find mistakes, please report them so I can correct them and reupload the pack. (I will be making changes as time progresses, so be alert!)

I have given credit to everyone whom I have used their tools. (Check the READMES)

Finally, enjoy! And thanks from everyone at XDA, you're a judgeless community and you helped me get better with Android in general!

se0w0i.png

Primary :
    Code:

Code:

2nd edit : Added Dropbox link again. PLEASE USE THIS AS A LAST RESORT IF THE FIRST LINK DOESN'T WORK!
    Here's a perma-link. Nothing in the file was modified. May look into making another ROM one day. Blind build though...anyways til' then enjoy.

Download :

http://d-h.st/kHM
    Sure thing, any software that has lines of code used to exploit will kick some flags on various protections, its safe
    Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
    Primary :
    Code:

Code:

2nd edit : Added Dropbox link again. PLEASE USE THIS AS A LAST RESORT IF THE FIRST LINK DOESN'T WORK![/QUOTE]

These links no longer work. Where can I get this file?[/QUOTE]

The Dropbox link in the first OP works just fine. Just tried it.
    Bumping due to edit. Didn't want people to think I just gave up on you all.