[FIX]Xposed framework lag

Search This thread

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything, here is a solution:

1. Uninstall Xposed framework
2. Go in /system and open build.prop in a text editor
3. go to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” ) and change it to false
4. Install the xposed framework
5. Clear the app data for S-Health and HealthService
6. Reboot

Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768445

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything otherwise, here are some possible solutions:

-Disable S-Health
1. Open TiBu
2. Freeze "S-Health" and "healthservice"
3. Reboot

-Disable "secure mode"
5. Reboot
Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768445

Hope this helps, these can be done in any order. I'll add any other solutions if they are found.

Works great, thanks for pointing that out.

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
In my experience, it wasn't xopsed causing the lag, it was TiBu as it was asking for root access constantly in the background. If you check your super su logs, it might list titanium backup tons of times.

Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
Just for others' future reference. To fix S health

1. Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
  2. We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
  3. Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
  4. Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
  5. Install the Xposed framework again.
  6. The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
http://www.andromods.com/fix-troubleshoot/fix-xposed-framework-shealth-problem-galaxy-s5.html

Last edited:

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston

2. We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
  3. Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
  6. The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.

1. So would it be safe to say that editing the build.prop is the "official solution"?

Last edited:

verks

Jan 21, 2006
Cleveland, Oh
I would like to hear others results. I rooted last night, changed nothing and have horrible lag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
So would it be safe to say that editing the build.prop is the "official solution"?

Yes. And you shouldn't need to reinstall Xposed framework either. Just edit the build.prop, wipe cache + Dalvik cache and reboot. That will cure the lag in most cases.

1. Edit the /system/build.prop file, changing ro.securestorage.support=true to ro.securestorage.support=false
2. Wipe cache & Dalvik cache
3. Reboot

Sometimes there may be a secondary cause contributing to the lag. If you have a specific app that is troublesome, it often helps to clear that app's cache and data in the Application manager after doing the above steps.

4. Open the Application Manager (Settings > Applications > Application Manager > All > app name)
5. Clear the app's cache and data
6. Reboot

specific instructions for S-health

Miscellaneous lag tweaks
- Disable S-voice for a more responsive home button

- Freeze Ti backup with Greenify (or close Ti backup when you don't need it). Ti backup frequently requests super user which has been reported to drag some systems down

- Disable system animation. Reduce or turn off system animation:
Settings > General > Developer options > Windows animation scale > off
Settings > General > Developer options > Transition animation scale > off
Settings > General > Developer options > Animator duration scale > off

Last edited:

Cubfan99

Jun 12, 2010
So how do we clear dalvik and cache without a custom recovery? Never did that before. :)

-- Sent from my AT&T GS5 using Tapatalk VIP

Reactions: jpstiehl

David111jr

Feb 5, 2011
After editing the build prop and saving. Reboot. I open build prop and it still says true. Anybody else having trouble with this

Reactions: edditnyc

jpstiehl

Dec 28, 2010
New Orleans
After editing the build prop and saving. Reboot. I open build prop and it still says true. Anybody else having trouble with this

Had the same thing happening. What I did to get it to stick was use Root Browser to edit the build.prop file in a text editor. Unfortunately S Health still force closes.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Build.prop is a system file. And the system partition is normally mounted as a read only file system. A root aware file editor such as FX root will remount the fs as read-write so that your edit will be saved.

@jpstiehl
Did you read the posts about Shealth? If you are seeing forced closes with Shealth, you also need to clear the app cache and data in the Applcation manager. And clear the system cache in Recovery mode. There is a link to details in Post #11.

jpstiehl

Dec 28, 2010
New Orleans
did you clear the data for s-health?

Build.prop is a system file. And the system partition is normally mounted as a read only file system. A root aware file editor such as FX root will remount the fs as read-write so that your edit will be saved.

@jpstiehl
Did you read the posts about Shealth? If you are seeing forced closes with Shealth, you also need to clear the app cache and data in the Applcation manager. And clear the system cache in Recovery mode. There is a link to details in Post #11.

Thanks guys, I did follow directions more than once and made sure to clear system cache in recovery as well as S Health app data and cache to no avail. :(

Edit: I followed every guide that I could find and unfortunately assumed that the "link to details in Post#11" was the same as the rest. Well, it's not. Good to go now. :)

Last edited:

dcarlson01

Oct 1, 2012
read only

so I keep trying to change true to false in the build.prop but every time I attempt to, it does not save and goes back to original. I have tried changing read only setting but must not be doing something right.,, Any ideas??

FilthyFord

May 27, 2014
Cleveland Tx
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
so I keep trying to change true to false in the build.prop but every time I attempt to, it does not save and goes back to original. I have tried changing read only setting but must not be doing something right.,, Any ideas??

What file explorer are you using.

Edit:
I use Root Explorer, find the location of the build.prop again, hold down on it till it pops up an option menu, at the bottom of the menu click on " open in text editor" , there will be a warning pop up saying " the file system is read only, do you want to remount as read write and continue" click yes, edit the file to false and back out of the Explorer. If it asks you if you want to save click yes. Reboot, reinstall Xposed Framework. Try using the file explorer. It worked for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything, here is a solution:

5. Clear the app data for S-Health and HealthService
    6. Reboot

Hope this helps.

http://www.andromods.com/fix-troubleshoot/fix-xposed-framework-shealth-problem-galaxy-s5.html
    My solution was to reboot into the recovery, wipe cache and reboot. Not sure if its just temporary, but it seems to work :cool:
    Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...

It doesn't actually. It's an incompatible dependency. There have been a number of threads on the subject, so do a search to confirm the details, but I believe it was the ro.securestorage.support=false property that resolves the issue.
    So how do we clear dalvik and cache without a custom recovery? Never did that before. :)

-- Sent from my AT&T GS5 using Tapatalk VIP