Accelerometer truns to sleep mode when screen is off

Search This thread

sudhanpsg

Feb 10, 2014
Does Omate Trusmart (1/8 1900) accelerometer turns off when screen is locked ? The listener doesn't work when screen is locked

I want to listen to the shake events without a partial wake lock on the screen( which drains the battery a lot). Any suggestions ?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
LOL. It barely works even with a wake lock. That's why not a single wake app works consistently on the 1/8. I would not expect to see such a minor issue fixed anytime soon seeing it's 6 months later and the firmware is still not secured.

Ozpeter

Jun 9, 2014
I use Awesome On/Off to wake mine. It seems to work more often than not, but sometimes it doesn't and I can only assume that the TS has gone into a deeper sleep. But worth a try by anyone who feels a bit self conscious suddenly shaking their arm in public. Awesome just requires you to raise your arm to a normal watch-reading position.

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
I hope this will be solved one day, this is really restrictive as it stands...

I've discovered that the latest FW update (Onate_Truesmart_20140513.103530_v2.0) has introduce a new "Smart Mode" --> "Sport Mode", which basically turn off the back-light but keep the screen on hence, the sensors (Accelerometer, GPS, etc.) are kept alive.
I've been trying it for couple of days and it works great. It terms of battery drain, it is noticeable but remains reasonable. Anyway, if you are note recording any fitness activity, you can still change the mode after your workout.