Lightweight apps?

Search This thread

Gorep1xel

Jul 26, 2013
Humacao
Hello guys, I'm trying to make my phone as lightweight as possible and need some good replacements for the keyboard, launcher, dialer, music player and camera. For games I've already admitted that this phone is only capable of puzzle games and 2D games.

a7thousandths

Mar 22, 2014
Hello guys, I'm trying to make my phone as lightweight as possible and need some good replacements for the keyboard, launcher, dialer, music player and camera. For games I've already admitted that this phone is only capable of puzzle games and 2D games.

What ROM would you happen to be running?

My phone is CDMA and when I had Rhythmic Rom v1.4 I would delete the keyboard it came with and installed the google keyboard, that one seemed to be more smooth. I would also erase Trebuchet and install Nova launcher. I would also greenify anything and everything.

Right now i have a Sense based ROM and everything it has is running smoothly for me :cool:

Reactions: Gorep1xel

Gorep1xel

Jul 26, 2013
Humacao

My phone is CDMA and when I had Rhythmic Rom v1.4 I would delete the keyboard it came with and installed the google keyboard, that one seemed to be more smooth. I would also erase Trebuchet and install Nova launcher. I would also greenify anything and everything.

Right now i have a Sense based ROM and everything it has is running smoothly for me :cool:

I currently have RhythmicRom but haven't greenyfied everything, just memory hogging apps, also I replaced the keyboard and, I've gotta say, the phone flies now! What Sense-based ROM would you recommend? I've been considering revert to Sense for the camera and overall compatibility. I actually don't like Sense, but its nothing a launcher and gravitybox can't fix.

a7thousandths

Mar 22, 2014
I currently have RhythmicRom but haven't greenyfied everything, just memory hogging apps, also I replaced the keyboard and, I've gotta say, the phone flies now! What Sense-based ROM would you recommend? I've been considering revert to Sense for the camera and overall compatibility. I actually don't like Sense, but its nothing a launcher and gravitybox can't fix.

right now I have Ignorance V4 that I'm still modifying ( adding build.prop tweaks just in case they do work ) and I like it because there are no crashes and the tweaks that tonyskyfall made are just awesome...when i had rhythmicRom the camera would crash a lot so i had to let that rom go for an all around stable rom, so I would recomend Ignorance or myONEv, theyre my favorite sense roms :D

another thing you can do to make the phone faster is to make commonly used apps a system app using link2sd or titanium backup (i think) and also enable KSM

Kudeshido

Apr 19, 2013
HTC One V
LG G2 Mini
CameraJB+
Smart Launcher 2
Google Play Music
Android built-in Keyboard - some time ago I've been using SwiftKey, which is really god, but it's also very heavy... too heavy for HOV.
That's what I'm using on Shpongle rom, I've OC-ed my HOV to 1.8GHz and it's not so bad :cowboy:

Morality1/24

Jan 17, 2014
CameraJB+
Smart Launcher 2
Google Play Music
Android built-in Keyboard - some time ago I've been using SwiftKey, which is really god, but it's also very heavy... too heavy for HOV.
That's what I'm using on Shpongle rom, I've OC-ed my HOV to 1.8GHz and it's not so bad :cowboy:

If you have <4.2, Google Keyboard with Xprivacy and AFWall+ to block internet access to the application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

right now I have Ignorance V4 that I'm still modifying ( adding build.prop tweaks just in case they do work ) and I like it because there are no crashes and the tweaks that tonyskyfall made are just awesome...when i had rhythmicRom the camera would crash a lot so i had to let that rom go for an all around stable rom, so I would recomend Ignorance or myONEv, theyre my favorite sense roms :D

another thing you can do to make the phone faster is to make commonly used apps a system app using link2sd or titanium backup (i think) and also enable KSM
    I found a good replacement for the facebook application called "Fast for Facebook". You can find it on google play store.
    CameraJB+
    Smart Launcher 2
    Google Play Music
    CameraJB+
    Smart Launcher 2
    Google Play Music

If you have <4.2, Google Keyboard with Xprivacy and AFWall+ to block internet access to the application.