Question

Search This thread

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Hey guys, just a quick question. I just got a LG Optimus G using it on rogers. Its the E971. I have the phone rooted, but I don't know if the bootloader is locked or unlocked already since I bought it from someone else. When I power off the phone and hold vol up and power I see some lg service page then tells me to hold power for 8 secs to reboot.
Any help figuring out if this bootloader is locked or unlocked please?
I removed a bunch of rogers bloat and froze a ton of system apps with app quarantine and I just don't wanna get that lg security warning I'm seeing people get. Ive already rebooted my phone tons with no issues, but I just wanna figure this out!
First one to answer gets ice cream!

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-E971 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Hey guys, just a quick question. I just got a LG Optimus G using it on rogers. Its the E971. I have the phone rooted, but I don't know if the bootloader is locked or unlocked already since I bought it from someone else. When I power off the phone and hold vol up and power I see some lg service page then tells me to hold power for 8 secs to reboot.
I removed a bunch of rogers bloat and froze a ton of system apps with app quarantine and I just don't wanna get that lg security warning I'm seeing people get. Ive already rebooted my phone tons with no issues, but I just wanna figure this out!

Thanks!

Just download freegee from the play store and go throught the procees and choose mako unlock and ur bootloader will be unlocked and a recovery installed. But if u have a recovery installed already ur bootloader is unlocked.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Bwyan Benton

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Just download freegee from the play store and go throught the procees and choose mako unlock and ur bootloader will be unlocked and a recovery installed. But if u have a recovery installed already ur bootloader is unlocked.

I was already looking at that app. I'm considering it. But like I said right now when I try to enter recovery I get some lg service screen which i dont understand. It doesnt even let me go to a recovery. If my bootloader is already unlocked, and I tried to go through the steps to unlock it again will that screw my device?
I'm not getting any lg security errors with everything I have frozen which is why I'm curious as to my bootloader status. But I don't have cwm installed from what I can tell. I just wanna make sure I don't get those security errors.

Last edited:

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
I was already looking at that app. I'm considering it. But like I said right now when I try to enter recovery I get some lg service screen which i dont understand. It doesnt even let me go to a recovery. If my bootloader is already unlocked, and I tried to go through the steps to unlock it again will that screw my device?
I'm not getting any lg security errors with everything I have frozen which is why I'm curious as to my bootloader status. But I don't have cwm installed from what I can tell. I just wanna make sure I don't get those security errors.

You should be fine. Because u can also use that freegee app to switch recoveries like from cwm to a different one. That what i do because sometimes cwm is a pain in the butt and won't work with certain download files.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Any idea why I'm not getting lg security errors or what that lg service screen is when I try to go into recovery?

How are you trying to boot in to recovery? Directly with freegee or rom manager or what method do you use?

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
How are you trying to boot in to recovery? Directly with freegee or rom manager or what method do you use?

With the phone off I hold vol up plus pwr and then I tried vol down plus pwr and both have me the same lg service screen that says hold pwr for 8 more secs to reboot device.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
With the phone off I hold vol up plus pwr and then I tried vol down plus pwr and both have me the same lg service screen that says hold pwr for 8 more secs to reboot device.

Sounds like u do not have a unlocked bootloader or a missing recovery. In any case u should use freegee.

Reactions: Bwyan Benton

Gysper

Nov 22, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450220

This thread explains how to use freegee properly.

To any specific details this is the safest way to unlock your device. I'm not sure how to relock it but I wouldn't since you might run into that security warning.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450220

This thread explains how to use freegee properly.

To any specific details this is the safest way to unlock your device. I'm not sure how to relock it but I wouldn't since you might run into that security warning.

I appreciate that
But I already went ahead and unlock it and installed CWM.
Now I know exactly what's been done to this phone and I can start measing with it more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

Sounds like u do not have a unlocked bootloader or a missing recovery. In any case u should use freegee.