[Q] cant find the themer on playstore.

Search This thread

p4rot

Jan 5, 2013
If I download the apk here am I going to be able to receive updates from the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Anyone have the iOS 7 theme Seven file for Themer I can manually apply to my phone?

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read the reason for the removal was because of a dispute from Apple claiming copyright infringement. Hopefully the app will be back soon since it's silly to take down an entire app because of one theme. Personally, I've been always confused why that theme was #1 in Themer. I feel like people who use android, especially themer wouldn't really want their phone to look like an iPhone. But maybe that's just me.

RegKilla

Apr 17, 2012
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read the reason for the removal was because of a dispute from Apple claiming copyright infringement. Hopefully the app will be back soon since it's silly to take down an entire app because of one theme. Personally, I've been always confused why that theme was #1 in Themer. I feel like people who use android, especially themer wouldn't really want their phone to look like an iPhone. But maybe that's just me.

That's the reason why it was taken down. People do want to make their Androids look like they're running iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballisticn8

Mar 23, 2010
Givem a bit of a break man it's not like they are making a fortune of their development skills. Sometimes people get critical of these open source free apps as if they had paid a license for them. That bothers me and goes against the principle of open source development. Who knows what got up Google's butt. If you had success with the app then logic would dictate that there is a political and not a technical issue going on here. I don't blame the developers for non full disclosure of what is going on. My bet is that Play Store put a restriction on them that was likely unfair and their business and not ours. They say they are working on it and you can load the APK in the meantime. No point in beating up the developer. I hope you donate to them when you load their app. That is what keeps these cool apps coming.

I have donated to quite a few devs for rom and recovery. App purchases, well, I've spent quite a lot there too. I wasn't trying to be overtly harsh I was just curious as to why the app was pulled. Koush came right out with why his app was yanked. So did the CM team with installer. I didn't think that asking why was such a bad thing, esp considering how in most cases Google is pretty open about what they allow on the play store. That kind of backfired this time since they were so quick to yank something from the play store that didn't include violating themes in the apk itself (makes you wonder if they're gonna pull icon packs and the like down now too). As for it being their business, not ours, well, its something we choose to support by putting on our phones. We're a consumer, I don't think asking why about something I install on my phone is a bad thing. I think open communication with your consumers is good business practice, even with the app being beta they aren't doing this for free. And if you want to talk about free apps and revenue, look at flappy bird. It was a free game that was generating around $50,000 in revenue a day per some sources. Dev's make money based on the user base.

All of this is kind of a moot point now anyways but I disagree completely with your comments. I wasn't being rude or feeling entitled to anything. I was curious as to why an app I had on my phone had been yanked from the play store, esp with the apps permissions being what they are... I play it safe with what I do and don't put on my phone.

Top Liked Posts