[Q] Best "Smart Stay" app for Nexus 5?

Search This thread

jsgates

Dec 14, 2013
Those of you using a "Smart Stay" app on your Nexus 5, which one are you using. This is the only feature from Galaxy S4 I miss (I kept all the other crap turned off on that phone). I noticed there's a few in the Play Store. What's everyone having the best luck with? I want my screen timeout set at 30 secs, but don't want the screen going off when I've looking at the display. Thanks for any suggestions.

- Jeremy

jsgates

Dec 14, 2013
Wow, nobody is using this feature? Is there another alternative people are using on the N5 to keep the screen on while readings, etc.

Thanks.

- Jeremy

jsgates

Dec 14, 2013
I use Gravity Screen. The free version is perfect for me, but I got the donate version because it's a great app.

I'm giving Gravity Screen a try. It sounds pretty promising. I'm having some trouble getting it dialed in though. Any tips? What features of it are you using. I've got the "Turn off when laying flat on the table" option working well. I'm having trouble with setting it for the screen to turn off when phone is in pocket. Default angle is set at like 60 degrees I believe. However with the size of the phone, my phone is more vertical in my pocket.

I'm going to continue to try and tweak it, but thought you might be able to make some suggestions since it sounds like you've been using the app for awhile. Thanks.

- Jeremy