Need Help w/ Mystery Video Screening

Search This thread

nim6us

Jul 24, 2012
I've got a peculiar issue I need some help with. My son often uses my tablet to watch movies or play games on my tablet. The issue is recently he's been doing something that projects/streams whatever you want to call it, it displays what's on the tablet on the downstairs television. We've never had this issue before, but then again the TV is new, it's a Panasonic Viera. Great TV with a lot of options, in fact it's connected to my local network.

My guess is there's some app on the Transformer that's interacting with an feature on the Panasonic. It is very cool feature, like Apple mirroring, however I don't know what my son is doing to activate it. He just randomly turns it on and I'll be downstairs watching TV and the screen will change. That's another really odd symptom, the TV input isn't changed, it's still on HDMI running cable TV, so whatever he's doing is overriding the TV. I check the tablet and there's no open app, like he's turning it off and on because the TV only does the mirroring for a few seconds. Another guess is that the app opens, then he tries to close it which is why I just see a couple seconds on TV.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there any other info I can provide to help diagnose? I've got too many apps to list.

Android Version 4.1.1

W4UXB

Jan 12, 2010
It may be interacting with your TV's Viera link which acts like Chromecast. You could turn off the Viera link when not needed to prevent this from happening when you don't want it to.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk