[KERNEL] Liberty Kernel | MLG

Search This thread

thecos77

Aug 14, 2014
Can you guys give me a crash course on how to flash a kernel without flashing a whole rom?

Thanks

thecos77

Aug 14, 2014
for this kernel, just save the zip to sdcard, reboot into twrp, go to install, find zip file you saved, and install it. it will run aroma installer then prompt for reboot

Very simple. Thanks

I am on IC 4.0.8 r21. I should update to r23 and then flash the kernel right? Otherwise if I flash now, when I update to r23 it will revert to the kernel that comes with that rom?

Thanks for your help.

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
Very simple. Thanks

I am on IC 4.0.8 r21. I should update to r23 and then flash the kernel right? Otherwise if I flash now, when I update to r23 it will revert to the kernel that comes with that rom?

Thanks for your help.

I believe, that's correct. After you flash r23, deselect select the option to reboot and it'll take you back into twrp (or you can just select both files initially, first the ROM zip and then the Kernel zip, but i've never done it that way, i always just do them one at a time), then you can flash the kernel, then reboot. that way you don't have to reboot twice.

edit-btw, r24 is now available

Last edited:

pure.by

Jan 23, 2010
Big thanks for your work again, @bilal_liberty ! I went to the download site and discovered that this kernel is is actually a ZIP package; what is the correct way to flash it? Should I:

A) extract boot.img from the above zip file, boot my phone into bootloader and use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
OR
B) place the entire zip file in my phone memory, boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and and flash ZIP from recovery ?

Instructions I find on XDA and internet contradict each other.
I am S-OFF, TWRP 2.8.0.1, 2.22 firmware, InsertCoin 4.0.3.r23 with default kernel.

Last edited:

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Big thanks for your work again, @bilal_liberty ! I went to the download site and discovered that this kernel is is actually a ZIP package; what is the correct way to flash it? Should I:

A) extract boot.img from the above zip file, boot my phone into bootloader and use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
OR
B) place the entire zip file in my phone memory, boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and and flash ZIP from recovery ?

Instructions I find on XDA and internet contradict each other.
I am S-OFF, TWRP 2.8.0.1, 2.22 firmware, InsertCoin 4.0.3.r23 with default kernel.
Just flash it from recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Source Code And Changelog:

My Github

Features:

Governors:
    SmartassV2
    badass
    Lionheart
    Intellidemand

iosched
    Qualcomm row
    sio
    fiops

Other Features:
    Motion Gestures
    Fast Charge
    Pocket Detection
    NTFS OTG Support
    KSM [needs app, you guys can grap this from Revelation Update 1.0.1 - 1.0.2]
    System Rewrite Protection Disabled

Do press Thanks button

Credits:
    @flar2
    @dominos_liberty [for cherry-picking, compiling and sharing]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Liberty Kernels, Kernel for the HTC One Mini

Contributors
    bilal_liberty
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-08-25
    Last Updated 2014-08-25
    Note:

motion Gesture requires Sense 6 Toolbox or Wake Gestures Xposed module

All Downloads available on​

This Zip will flash boot.img according to this emmc layout:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713849
    Did you install xposed framework and install the framework.. Then download sense 6 toolbox and enable the module, reboot. Then open sense 6 toolbox and go to wake gestures, turn it on and map the gestures then use sense 6 toolbox reboot feature. Grant it root then reboot and motion gestures should work

No, i will now. I just wanted to test if it would work without it and enable it in the settings menu

Edit: Works perfectly with Xposed and Sense 6 Toolbox! :D