[MOD] Camera mod v2. Improve 4K 2160p birate, 1080p 60fps and camera compression

Search This thread

fftetf

May 4, 2014
I read a few pages of this forum but I didn't find anything whether this is for stock or if a cm based ROM was compatible? Thanks all

slwest78

Oct 26, 2013
Very easy. Overwrite the default 1080p profile to 60 fps increase bitrate to 30mbps or higher. I tested it and it works.
I'll update the media profile xml soon for those that dont like to edit
Does this work with lg g3 stock lollipop? Does the v2 zip also have the v1 zip edits included? Thanks!

slwest78

Oct 26, 2013
Lollipop camera media profile xml

The KitKat media profile probably won't work for lollipop cause their is extra code added to the lollipop XML, so I edited the lollipop media profile myself. Add to the op if needed. Here is custom lollipop media profile-https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yf92nxqe4im9o8/G3_lollipop_media_profiles.xml.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

anestef

Aug 15, 2012
please!!!original xml for g3 d855 v20h.eur

please i didnt backup
no my camera didnt work
and freeze all the mobile
i really need this!!!
pplease help please

adi90004

Oct 28, 2013
Tried to install it on my D855 Stock KITKAT 4.4.2, didn't work, putted the stock profile file and now when i wanna shot video the camera crashes, help?

anestef

Aug 15, 2012
after i use video record my camera stops too so its not the right xml i think
please could someone upload the right?

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Done and fixed!
Anyone that needs the original file, I've attached it. Unzip and install the same way as the mod.

Attachments

• media_profiles.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 219

CrystalScrew

Oct 30, 2012
Athens
hey all

I am on d855v21a (latest update) and i changed all the values but camera is still the stock one. Not even the 60fps working. What exactly do i need to change? i uploaded my media profiles (stock). If anyone can make this a working one. please

Attachments

• media_profiles.rar
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: braveman79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod is like the G2 camera mods. Same concept. The 4k video on the G3 is great, however when recording water or the sky you do notice that the birate could be better. 30mbps is ok, but not on a UHD or 4k monitor or TV. Its set by LG to keep the file size down of course and maybe due to micro sdcard IO speeds. But a quick media_profile.xml edit and this can remedy the pixelation due to low bit rate. Going past 40mbs might cause stutter. I'm testing higher birates.

The experienced user can do this themselves of course, simple media_profile edits. But this is aimed at people that don't want to risk editing the media_profile.xml or new to this and what the easy path.

How to apply:

Unzip and replace the attached media_profile.xml with the included one to system/etc overwrite it and reboot. (Use root explorer or any good root file manager) Tested and working on my G3. I have also set JPEG quality to 100% on all modes. This gives a very slight improvement to photos and a minor file size increase (~5%)

Changes:
    Version 1
    Bitrate on 4K videos increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
    Photo jpeg quality compression set to 100

Version 2:
    Replaces the default 1080p 30fps to 1080p 60fps @ 30mbps

Download:

Camera mod v1

Camera mod v2
    Sample video with 40mbs Download
    Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..
    1. Stock Camera apk.
    2. the whole framework folder.
    3. Media profiles.xml
    4. Mixer_path.xml

Thats all for now..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here you go:

Framework
    Camera APK and xmls
    Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..

we don't mind for sure...glad to see you here