[APP][2.1+]Virtual Wheel Beta 0.2

Search This thread

tincanman

Dec 31, 2010
Hi Everyone,

This is the first app that I've publish, so any constructive criticisms are welcome.

Vritual Wheel:
This app allows you to use your android device as a wireless steering wheel to control racing/driving games on your PC.
Your android device and computer must be on the same network for this to work (meaning same router/switch).

This app currently works with both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

Installation and usage instructions are in the app description on the Play market.

Link:

Please leave me some feedbacks in this thread on what you like and what you don't like. Also what you want (other than the planned features) and any bugs (please also tell me what device and version of Android you are running).

Code:
Changelog:
[B]v0.1:[/B]
Initial Release
[B]v0.2:[/B]
Added steering angle adjustments and deadzone.
Added 64 bit support.

Thank You

Attachments

• phone.png
    phone.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 4,181
  • tablet.png
    tablet.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 4,118
Last edited:

friartuckme

Dec 15, 2008
cheshire
id noticed your post on lfs forum earlier on so downloaded it, il be going on lfs soon so will give this a try and leave feedback

tincanman

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks. My computer's graphics card just died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to do much development. Going to take about 3 days for the new GPU to come in. I plan to implement adjustable steering angle, calibration, and hopefully bluetooth communication in the next update. 64-bit is a bit harder than I thought, so that is currently delayed.

Reactions: dangerjaison

mtb_kng

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks. My computer's graphics card just died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to do much development. Going to take about 3 days for the new GPU to come in. I plan to implement adjustable steering angle, calibration, and hopefully bluetooth communication in the next update. 64-bit is a bit harder than I thought, so that is currently delayed.

It's a fantastic app from what I can see. I'm using a 64bit pc so I'm eagerly awaiting the 64 bit release! :D

EDIT: Is there anyway to run it on a 64 bit pc as a 32 bit app or something? Like "Compatability mode" etc?

Last edited:

tincanman

Dec 31, 2010
It's a fantastic app from what I can see. I'm using a 64bit pc so I'm eagerly awaiting the 64 bit release! :D

EDIT: Is there anyway to run it on a 64 bit pc as a 32 bit app or something? Like "Compatability mode" etc?

Unfortunately no. The 64 bit support has to do with the driver. Currently, I estimate about 1-2 weeks before I can get the 64 bit support working. So hang in there, it's coming :)

tincanman

Dec 31, 2010
Ok, finally got my GPU. Just compiled the 64bit drivers, and tested to be working fine. All I have to do now is implement them into the installation package. 64 bit coming this weekend :)

tincanman

Dec 31, 2010
v0.2
Added steering angle adjustments and deadzone
Also added 64-bit support (I am still learning Windows Driver Development, so the implementation is not very efficient and clean. Hopefully I will be able to design a clean custom driver for both 32 and 64 bit within the next month)

rizkiandrianto

Sep 30, 2012
How to make this app works with City Car Driving or Need For Speed Underground 2?
Would you give a way to configure it on PC (in games)?

Thanks...

GriffinSauce

Apr 25, 2012
I can confirm this works with the HTC One X and Saints Row 2, I'll check out some other games the coming days if I have time.
Really awesome development!

Two things didn't go very smooth though:
- installing the unsigned driver
- figuring out the correct axis and buttons

The first is a tough nut probably, but the latter could be solved by adding a help option in settings that shows the button map.

Idea's for further development:
- autolaunch the program with Windows, to the system tray
- autosearching from the app for running servers on the network (check out Unified Remote's implementation)
- choosing to use the two center buttons or using that as a touch area (for camera control)
- hook the volume buttons as shoulder buttons!
- allow custom layouts (maybe only colors and texts, but that would be cool to accomodate other games)

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
The PC client keeps failing when I start android app, I assume while connecting to PC.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Use with Linux? Flightgear, etc.

There are numerous apps to keep screen on. Can use Xposed, appsettings module.

liubutu

Jan 6, 2012
Varna
The PC client keeps failing when I start android app, I assume while connecting to PC.

Getting the same error here. And one other thing - when I type the IP Address, which the program is showing me, i get absolutely no connection, but as soon as I enter my correct LAN IP Address, things get to the 'stopped responding' thingy...

leito824

Apr 7, 2012

hello ..! I wanted to install the file. exe of this application on my PC with windows 7 32bit and I have the following problem ..!

cjk.png

and also attached the LOG installation gives me the program ..!

liubutu

Jan 6, 2012
Varna
I had a driver issue here, but I attempted a fix and I think it worked, VWheel device driver is now successfully installed, but still app is hanging in Windows when I open simultaneously Virtual Wheel in phone and on PC(As soon as it connects, it brakes down). Also, I can see that 32bit users are installing v0.3, im on x64 here, first tried installing program from the main link in GooglePlayStore, but it wasn't successful, so I saw that there is a 64-bit version, which is reporting v0.2a ?

liubutu

Jan 6, 2012
Varna
Do I need Wi-Fi connection or I can just turn-on my Laptop wi-fi and my Xperia S wi-fi to use this?
P.S: I don't have Wi-Fi, I use Modem to connect to internet.

You have to have a Local Network e.g. a Router, only enabling Wi-Fi on your PC and Phone is not going to work but I think there were a few programs that might help you create a network between your laptop and your phone. Google for Wi-Fi Hotspot or something and search the results for the program that suits you best. Good luck. Im still stuck here with program crashing when I setup everything right. Dunno why also as I mentioned earlier, program reports wrong PC IP Address, check for solution on that also.

Error code: CLR20r3, tried all the fixes I could find in the web, no success... OP, try researching why this problem may occur and at least let me know cuz I'm struggling from 3 hours to fix this and get it up and running ;) Admirations on your work too ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

This is the first app that I've publish, so any constructive criticisms are welcome.

Vritual Wheel:
    This app allows you to use your android device as a wireless steering wheel to control racing/driving games on your PC.
    Your android device and computer must be on the same network for this to work (meaning same router/switch).

This app currently works with both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

Installation and usage instructions are in the app description on the Play market.

Link:

Please leave me some feedbacks in this thread on what you like and what you don't like. Also what you want (other than the planned features) and any bugs (please also tell me what device and version of Android you are running).

Code:
    Changelog:
    [B]v0.1:[/B]
    Initial Release
    [B]v0.2:[/B]
    Added steering angle adjustments and deadzone.
    Added 64 bit support.

Thank You

Unfortunately no. The 64 bit support has to do with the driver. Currently, I estimate about 1-2 weeks before I can get the 64 bit support working. So hang in there, it's coming :)
    Ok, finally got my GPU. Just compiled the 64bit drivers, and tested to be working fine. All I have to do now is implement them into the installation package. 64 bit coming this weekend :)
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7-jWjQDomPhbHlLZ2UwRUNpRms/edit?usp=sharingLink for dL]

This the version which is working or at least installing on 64 bit Windows (7 for me).
    Sent from my GT-N7100 + SaberK32.2 using xda app-developers app