Sideload Apps

Search This thread

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
My Gear doesn't appear either. Still trying to find a way to easily sideload apps to my Gear.

pascals

Sep 8, 2008
Hi ... Your gear should already be connected to your phone by Bluetooth , so it should be highlighted in blue at top of list after you click share by bluetooth. After it is shared you would need a file browser on the gear to install the APK's. The advantage of this method is no PC is required and all is done between phone and gear. Don't think you need to be rooted but would need adb or Wonder share to get file browser on gear in the 1st place.
..........no PC is required AFTER you have a file browser installed on the watch.
Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I've the same result, like everyone here : when the gear is connect to, it don't be displayed in ready to connect Bluetooth stuff...

I try to kill gear manager, same result (it can't be killed)
Perhaps it could be possible if you suppress gear association and activate visibility on the gear ?
I don't have time to try this

If someone could try this and write here the result, it could cool

Sys

"Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005 avec Tapatalk"

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Sorry, I've the same result, like everyone here : when the gear is connect to, it don't be displayed in ready to connect Bluetooth stuff...

I try to kill gear manager, same result (it can't be killed)
Perhaps it could be possible if you suppress gear association and activate visibility on the gear ?
I don't have time to try this

If someone could try this and write here the result, it could cool

Sys

I'm not really sure why everyone is struggling with this so I will try and explain it again.
To start you will need a file browser on your gear like es file explorer.
1) download my app sharer from play store to phone.
2) open my app sharer on your phone this will present you with list of all apps on phone, IMPORTANT there are 2 options 1st "share link" (I think this is highlighted by default), unclick this and click the 2nd option "share APK's" this is at the top of list of apps.
3) tick the box next to the app you want to send to the gear, then scroll to top click share icon in top right hand corner.
4) click the Bluetooth icon located next to the gmail icon
5) as your gear is ALWAYS connected to your phone it will be already be highlighted in blue at top of list, select and except the file on the gear.
6) the file is sent to the Bluetooth folder on the gear so this is where you will need the file browser you previously installed on the gear, navigate to folder and install app.

I used wonder share to get file browser on gear but you could adb it instead.
As I stated before there are many methods of this but I like this way as if I'm out and about I can move apps to gear with no computer.
Hope it helps

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

pascals

Sep 8, 2008
Ok, your procedure don't works
Btw I found a workaround :
Installing Bluetooth File Transfer (from medieval software), on both side
For gear I use wondershare.
Before uninstalling wondershare, I download apk easy uninstaller into gear, to uninstall correctly apk transferred...

To sideload thru Bluetooth, execute Bluetooth File Transfer on both side !

That's all, works evidently on stock rom, no root gear..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I prefer to have OTA updates and not worry about my $300 watch not booting up or anything else rooting causes. Stock with smart launcher and a game & calculator and my gta 5 cheats on my wrist. Don't need to have a mini phone on my wrist lol the idea is awesome but hell no in not willing to take the risk. So much procedures too

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

that's unture. it's definetly not complicated. follow the guide and you're done. that's over exaggerating. brakes in your car may stop working anytime but that doesn't stop you from using the car.
    but of course some people are happy with the notifications and ugly touchwiz ui. each to his own :) but me and many other people would not even consider keeping gear if not custom rom that fomey has provided us. he is the true smartwatch maker.
    LOL. I'm one of them. I bought my Gear because of the posibility of installing null ROM. I would never paid $300 for having the Gear as it came from factory.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i would do it for a bottle of a good wine ;) but i'm in europe so that's a no i think..
    We all have our own methods for side loading APK's, here's mine :)
    Download myappsharer or similar from play store to phone, open app this presents you with list of APK's on phone , select desired app and click share apk via Bluetooth, you will see the gear listed...select and your done. Once transfer is complete use your fav file browser to navigate to sdcard/bluetooth folder on gear and install. EASY :D

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app