[ROM] [WEEKLIES][4.4.2] UNOFFICIAL OSE | jflte [04-16-14]

Search This thread

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
This is a great rom. I've run it off and on for some time and was running the 4/11 build up until yesterday.
I switched to beanstalk yesterday because I was having a problem with the bluetooth in my car for making calls.
It wouldn't stay connected. I've had this issue with a few roms, so I'm not saying it's rom specific, but it doesn't happen with Beanstalk.
Of course I clean flashed it. Otherwise this rom is fantastic. Fast and smooth with lots of options. I was running it with art and of course I love when the roms include the back to kill app button, which beanstalk doesn't have.
Anyway, thanks for starting a thread for this rom. there is one in the verizon section but it doesn't get any attention.
By the way, do you know of what changes are in this compared to the 4/11 build?
Thanks again

Bluetooth working OK on LincolnSync thus far

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
Open Source Evolution OSE
CPA Kernel 1.7

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
Yeah, I don't understand the bluetooth thing. As I said, it happened with a few different roms. I did read somewhere, although I find it hard to believe, that people were having difficulties specifically with my car. A 2014 Honda Accord that I picked up about a month ago.
Anyway, I'll be trying again

Bluetooth working OK on LincolnSync thus far

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Man I've NEVER been more content with my phone. OSE rocks

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Reactions: jahrule

upichie

Nov 15, 2010
Man I've NEVER been more content with my phone. OSE rocks

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Hey topiratiko, I've been following you around on your quest for a Liquid replacement that doesn't tear!

This ROM is absolutely superb. Only feature missing was not being able to disable button backlights, but I just downloaded an app for that.

The ONLY problem I have is a slight annoyance: when I go to app settings and disable "show notifications", its back after a reboot. Anyone else have this? Any fix?

Last edited:
Reactions: topiratiko

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Hey topiratiko, I've been following you around on your quest for a Liquid replacement that doesn't tear!

This ROM is absolutely superb. Only feature missing was not being able to disable button backlights, but I just downloaded an app for that.

The ONLY problem I have is a slight annoyance: when I go to app settings and disable "show notifications", its back after a reboot. Anyone else have this? Any fix?

That's funny man :thumbup: can't give any advice as I don't disable any notifications

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

This is the latest build. It stalls at the bootlogo however. If someone wants to pull a cat log or has any suggestions please let me know.

Build [4/21/2014]

Forgive me if I'm having a moment but how can I give feedback if it doesn't boot? :D:beer:

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Trying now

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Alright here's the deal. Got it to boot (flashed poke 1.7 poke kernel) but was met by constant themes provider FC. Hope that helps buddy!

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

jahrule

Apr 3, 2012
Trying now

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Alright here's the deal. Got it to boot (flashed poke 1.7 poke kernel) but was met by constant themes provider FC. Hope that helps buddy!

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Great work! The new theme from cm is messing around with the framework. Will see if things get fixed. Thanks! What do you think of liquid?

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Liquid is good..but there's graphical tearing on notification pulldown which drove me nuts. That's not present in OSE :thumbup::beer:
Another thing I've noticed is that some videos don't play on my facebook feed ie lmaobruh videos. They played fine on 4.2.2....didnt play at all on liquid...sound but no video on ose
I would like to see ribbons though!
Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Last edited:

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
I did read all of the posts.
I got the impression from a previous post that you were having boot issues like another was having and that your last post was about a previous version.
Sometimes there is a little confusion on here but everyone, for the most part is very helpful
Anyway, how is the 4/21 build?
I was on this rom a little over a week ago and was really enjoying it and have since been bouncing around with about 4 others.
I'm currently on beanstalk and it's solid and I never have a bt issue, which I've had on several others.
Thanks for your input

Read 2 posts back

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
4/21 doesn't work. Waiting for theme engine fixes

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Reactions: bkrickles

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Wow

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398296802970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398296802970.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 171

jahrule

Apr 3, 2012
Please read the forum rules. This is for dev related questions. Please goto Q&A for questions like this.

For the most part the s4 variants have been grouped under jflte.

If you're running xposed, notify clean is a wonderful module for annoying notifications even system ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: upichie

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
New build 4-29. Gonna check it out

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Fail. FCS galore

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Does anyone still run this?

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
CPA Kernel 1.7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ose_logo.png

TeamOSE.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

OSE Nor Anyone @ XDA.com Are Responsible For What You Do With Your Device.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

thumb_COLOURBOX9647968.jpg

Features.png

* Based On Slim
    * DarkUI Toggle Theme
    * Multi-Window
    * PIE Navigation
    * Custom Navbar Options
    * Custom Clock Options
    * Custom Battery Options
    * CRT Animation Control
    * Init.d Support
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * All Features in Slim V3
    * HALO
    * System App Remover
    * OnTheFly DensityChanger
    * App Ops
    * OmniSwitch
    * Lockscreen Notifications
    * Build Prop Mods
    * Suspend Actions
    * Wake Lock Blockers
    * & Much More...

Install.png

* Download The Rom
    * Download OSE GApps
    * Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik
    * Install Rom & OSE GApps
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy

Github.png

* OSE GITHUB

GooglePlus.png

* OSE G+

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUM HERE

Credits.png

* CYANOGENMOD
    * AOKP
    * PA
    * SLIMROMS
    * P.A.C

Download.png

Build 4/16/14

* OSE GApps
    This is a great rom. I've run it off and on for some time and was running the 4/11 build up until yesterday.
    I switched to beanstalk yesterday because I was having a problem with the bluetooth in my car for making calls.
    It wouldn't stay connected. I've had this issue with a few roms, so I'm not saying it's rom specific, but it doesn't happen with Beanstalk.
    Of course I clean flashed it. Otherwise this rom is fantastic. Fast and smooth with lots of options. I was running it with art and of course I love when the roms include the back to kill app button, which beanstalk doesn't have.
    Anyway, thanks for starting a thread for this rom. there is one in the verizon section but it doesn't get any attention.
    By the way, do you know of what changes are in this compared to the 4/11 build?
    Thanks again

You can look at the commits that have went in. The 4/11 build had some issues and no theme chooser. I decided to build for myself and noticed more stable and has theme chooser (broken now because of a code re-org, but will be fixed soon). Give it a try you will be happy!
    No toggles, also no option to disable capacitive button lights. Any chance of adding these options?

Samsung Galaxy SIV
    LiquidSmooth 3.0
    PoKernel 1.5.1

There are no ribbons. I will see what I can do for captive lights.