Codename Android MIA?

Search This thread

sellers86

Jan 9, 2012
So I haven't seen anything related to the topic, but the download link to the ROM for the Nexus 5 brings up a 404, a site specific search of Hammerhead brings up nada (google.com/#q=site:codenameandroid.com+hammerhead), and they haven't made a post since Jan 7th (http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=252675652). Anyone know what's going on?

This is nothing new, CNA does this every time they 'come back'. The project is probably already dropped. Cna is very unreliable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GunninZombiesdown

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Yeah this is like the 4th or 5th time he's pulled the same exact thing. I stopped caring a while ago. His ROM was my DD on the gnex for 4.1.2. Then he had a twitter comment saying he was merging 4.2 and that was the last we heard from him until he came to the N5 forums.

Now I know, everything here is free and developers don't owe us anything, sure.... But at the same time... You say an update is coming and then stop development and disappear. It is kind of rude to the users. You said there's an update and got everybody waiting all for nothing. If you're going to abandon a project at least have the decency to tell people so they don't keep testing things/report bugs, etc.

He really killed it back in the day. Sucks that he keeps doing this, but CNA has never been very reliable. If he does 'come back' it'll only be a short while and for a couple of releases. Sorry :/

Reactions: GunninZombiesdown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I haven't seen anything related to the topic, but the download link to the ROM for the Nexus 5 brings up a 404, a site specific search of Hammerhead brings up nada (google.com/#q=site:codenameandroid.com+hammerhead), and they haven't made a post since Jan 7th (http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=252675652). Anyone know what's going on?

This is nothing new, CNA does this every time they 'come back'. The project is probably already dropped. Cna is very unreliable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah this is like the 4th or 5th time he's pulled the same exact thing. I stopped caring a while ago. His ROM was my DD on the gnex for 4.1.2. Then he had a twitter comment saying he was merging 4.2 and that was the last we heard from him until he came to the N5 forums.

Now I know, everything here is free and developers don't owe us anything, sure.... But at the same time... You say an update is coming and then stop development and disappear. It is kind of rude to the users. You said there's an update and got everybody waiting all for nothing. If you're going to abandon a project at least have the decency to tell people so they don't keep testing things/report bugs, etc.

He really killed it back in the day. Sucks that he keeps doing this, but CNA has never been very reliable. If he does 'come back' it'll only be a short while and for a couple of releases. Sorry :/
    Not the first time and it won't be the last. Many great roms out there.

Whatchu talking bout willis!