Stuck on CWM when trying to install CM10.2.1

Search This thread

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Hello,
I got this HTC One X from AT&T (->evita) and tried to get CM 10.2.1 running on that.

The steps I made:
Boot into bootloader, go to fastboot, then get the identifier, get unlock token via htcdev and unlocked it with fastboot.
I then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 for evita via "fastboot flash recovery *filename*". Now I booted into CWM (recovery) and wiped everything instead of first trying to copy the cm.zip onto the sdcard. (I also didnt do this when the stock ROM was still running...)

Now I can access the phone via fastboot in the bootloader but I can not use adb or the USB mount when in CWM. Whenever I plug the phone into my computer (or laptop, doesn't matter. Also tried switching between USB 2 and 3 ports!) Windows keeps making the "unplugged" sound every second.

Reinstalling the latest HTC drivers did not change anything.

Anyone here knows a way how I can stop that or get the zip file on the memory? I also tried flashing the boot.img on boot and tested if I can copy the file then through CWM but that did not work.

Hoping,
NyphoX

Last edited:

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Installed the most recent version.

I get into the recovry and when I plug it into a computer Windows will keep making the "unplugged"-noise.
I can see the sdcard-directory perfectly when I hit install in both, TWRP and CWM but when I want to mount it via USB it will not change anything and I cannot access it on my PC.

adb doesn't list any device either.

Also, TWRP and CWM keep telling me that my phone is not rooted, when I try to power off or restart. Is that normal?

My other HTC One X (non AT&T) just works fine with cwm 5.*.*.*

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's normal for the recovery to inform you that you're not rooted, it'll suggest that you install superuser but there's no point doing that in your case because you have no working OS installed. Did you at any point perform a factory reset from the bootloader? If so, you've corrupted the internal storage (known bug on modified Evitas) and will need to wipe it with TWRP.

Sent from my Evita

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Saw that in your Q&A. ;)

I wiped the internal_sd and tested it after but it still did not work. I also tried a factory reset through TWRP but that did not help either.

Both recovery programs keep telling me "E:Unable to mount '/cache'.

Still not working. Q_Q

Last edited:

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Update: I got like the oldest laptop I ever owned and installed the most recent HTC drivers there and tried to mount it. It told me in device manager that the "evita" is not recognized. When I let Windows search automatically it installed the drivers and I am now able to access the memory.

I can only assume what the problem was but it seems like the HTC One X (endeavoru) driver and the evita don't like each other...

TL;DR trying to install now. Will edit.

//EDIT: Windows still screws when I plug the phone to the other computer/laptop, so I just have to use the old machine now. Still thanks for your help, timmaaa!

//EDIT: It does work when I booted CM and enable the USB storage at the other two machines.

Last edited: