Jelly Bean 4.2.1 OTA

Search This thread

patboole

Jun 30, 2011
So I just received a 1MB OTA which took my version up to 4.2.1. At the very least, it fixes the missing December issue in the People app. Given the size, I doubt there's too much more in there.

rufus-

Apr 20, 2012
Keep root? Any problem with unlocked bootloader (but stock cmw and rom, only bootloader unlocked)?

patboole

Jun 30, 2011
Any performance improvement? Can you run an AnTuTu 3 test?
It's not visibly faster, although I didn't have any performance issues before either. Disabling Currents pretty much fixed it for me. I can't find antutu 3 on the Play Store, is it just called "antutu"?

Keep root? Any problem with unlocked bootloader (but stock cmw and rom, only bootloader unlocked)?
Sorry, I haven't rooted mine so I don't know.

Last edited:

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
It's not visibly faster, although I didn't have any performance issues before either. Disabling Currents pretty much fixed it for me. I can't find antutu 3 on the Play Store, is it just called "antutu"?

Sorry, I haven't rooted mine so I don't know.
Just download AnTuTu, and you'll get the latest version, I think.

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
So I just received a 1MB OTA which took my version up to 4.2.1. At the very least, it fixes the missing December issue in the People app. Given the size, I doubt there's too much more in there.

Were you experiencing any freezing or reboots prior to the update? I wonder if this addresses that issue. If not, this thing is going back.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

berzelius

Oct 11, 2010
I have not yet received the ota update. I'm currently using unrooted 4.2nexus10. Buy I'm currently in the Philippines...
Can any expert tell me if i can still get the update or should i just manually download... If so how to manually apply update... Hope anyone out there could help

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
I have not yet received the ota update. I'm currently using unrooted 4.2nexus10. Buy I'm currently in the Philippines...
Can any expert tell me if i can still get the update or should i just manually download... If so how to manually apply update... Hope anyone out there could help
You should get the update eventually automatically. Otherwise (once someone provides an update URL) you can just take the package, and adb sideload it from Recovery (boot device to recovery; do update from adb or whatever it's called; on the PC, do adb sideload UPDATE-NAME.zip)

berzelius

Oct 11, 2010
You should get the update eventually automatically. Otherwise (once someone provides an update URL) you can just take the package, and adb sideload it from Recovery (boot device to recovery; do update from adb or whatever it's called; on the PC, do adb sideload UPDATE-NAME.zip)

Sorry for being a dummy.. But what is adb? I have no idea... Maybe il wait for the auto before attempting to do it manually until nov 30 asian time. Btw i hv the zip file but do nt knw hw to apply it yet

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
You can maybe clear data from the Google Services Framework and then try polling for the update.

I just want to know if I am unlocked and rooted will I keep those? I am still on stock recovery and rom, but I did add AOSP browser to system/apps manually so that may need to be removed I believe.

Sent from my Blackbean GNex using Tapatalk

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
I don't think a 1mb OTA fixes performance issues. More like adding December back into the contacts calander

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution for OTA 4.2.1 for broken 4.2

To anybody who has problem with OTA 4.2.1 after reflashing stock factory image 4.2, read this -

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/android-building/s-qNo2fxeHY

Briefly - Nexus 10 factory image 4.2 was broken in EXT4 interpreter. Google issued today a NEW 4.2 factory image and you should reflash it first and proceed with OTA 4.2.1 after that in normal way (Jean-Baptiste Queru message).

Unfortunately, it is not indicated in Google's factory images webpage itself.

I just did that and it works fine now.
    took out the recovery stuff, this worked for me in twrp: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26643655/Android/update-manta-4.2.1-renzyyy.zip

screenshot:
    Screenshot_2012-11-27-19-29-32.png
    Can anyone who updated give me a copy of the build.prop??

Attached.
    Looking through the code... here are the differences I've see
    1. Fixed NumberPicker widget (December bug)
    2. Add notification vibrate pattern & fallback pattern (allow apps to overwrite pattern using VIBRATE permission)
    3. Updates to bluedroid bluetooth stack for bluetooth HID devices like gamepads
    Could you please consider my request above since you are online and haven't flashed yet? I thanks :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You can edit the updater-script found in the .zip and remove the assert lines that reference those two files. Save, copy it back to your tablet, and it should flash ok. That's what I did since I flashed the aosp browser.

Attached is the file I edited and flashed, it should work if you have flashed the AOSP browser. Original file posted by renzyyy, be sure to thank him. I just edited out the asserts for the BrowserProviderProxy files in the updater-script. Flashed fine for me in TWRP. This update will remove root, easiest to back it up using Voodoo OTA Root Keeper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD