[Q] Quick Circle with Qi / NFC official

Search This thread

SoCGHOST

Aug 9, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
I bought what I thought was an official quick circle case from a place called wackydot, and while qi works, nfc does not. I have contacted them, they sent a replacement and that one does exactly the same, qi, but no nfc. I believe the sticker is just off, however no amount of me fiddling will get it to make contact where nfc will work. I'm looking for a genuine Quick Circle case that has Qi and NFC, but all I keep finding is one from Verizon.. Will that work on a T-Mobile phone? Or does anyone know where I can get the official case that does both Qi / NFC? I love the case and phone, but I don't want to compromise one feature for the other. Thanks for any help you all can provide.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
You could buy a replacement sticker with both qi and nfc for your wackydot case. It will show 4 pins instead of just 2. If your wackydot shows 4 pins and you still can't qi charge with it, it's broken.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Same problem, except that even 2 pin stickers enable nfc.
Either the quick circle case you received is defective, or your G3 is. If you G3 worked for nfc with the original back on, then return the wacky case for a replacement that works or your money back.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

kraamerica

May 7, 2010
West Michigan
I bought the same case from Wackydot and until I saw this post, I didn't realize that my NFC didn't work either. I tried all my tags and have the same issue. I have a qi/nfc chip that I bought from izy on this forum and it worked great when installed with my Verizon back plate. This case from Wackydot has the same 4 pins and looks exactly like the chip I bought so I agree that it might be in the wrong location or is simply defective.