Flash different firmware for MetroPCS LG L70 MS323

Search This thread

kss1

Apr 9, 2010
Hi

I bought MetroPCS LG L70 MS323 unlocked. I am from india and i realised now that this doesnot support 2100hz UMTS frequency which is the one in india for 3G.:crying:

Please help whether i can flash different international firmware to make it work on 2100hz band

Thanks & regards

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA
Bands are your hardware so you can't,download the lg firmware update tool to see if your firmware updates.

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

kss1

Apr 9, 2010
Bands are your hardware so you can't,download the lg firmware update tool to see if your firmware updates.

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi i read that the phones are made for all markets. So the manufacturer would have just disabled this band for metro pcs
so i was thinking whether by flashing different firmware we can activate this band

AndyIce

Jun 22, 2014
Hi

I bought MetroPCS LG L70 MS323 unlocked. I am from india and i realised now that this doesnot support 2100hz UMTS frequency which is the one in india for 3G.:crying:

Please help whether i can flash different international firmware to make it work on 2100hz band

Thanks & regards

I believe it has the 2100hz band. To check all the available bands on the phone do the following:
1. On the dialer, key in 3845#*323# to bring up the hidden menu.
2. Then select the following menus: WCDMA-Only > Modem Settings > Network Mode
3. You should see WCDMA 2100. From googling my understanding is UMTS is built on top of WCDMA. So technically you're good.

Now why 3G may not work in India - One possibility is you may not have the APN settings configured for the local operator.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Since the title of this thread refers to flashing firmware, I've a question: Can one flash the international (D320) firmware i.e. kdz file without any modification on the MS323 phone? Yes I'm aware about the boot loader being locked. But the goal here is to flash LG's own kdz as is - perhaps by tricking the LG Mobile Support Tool. There is a thread that talks in general about flashing any kdz. But it appears to be leveraging the older version of LG tool. Curious, if any one has tried using the newer version or has alternatives ideas if this can be done.

kss1

Apr 9, 2010
can we unlock the bootloader

hi thank u for the reply. itried the way u told. there is wcdma2100 available. but when i select this it says fail.
but for wcdma1900 it says pass.
i think since metro pcs doesnot operate on 2100hz this may be disabled in s/w.
tthat is reason i was asking bout flashing diff firmware

can we unlock the bootloader ??

thanks

I believe it has the 2100hz band. To check all the available bands on the phone do the following:
1. On the dialer, key in 3845#*323# to bring up the hidden menu.
2. Then select the following menus: WCDMA-Only > Modem Settings > Network Mode
3. You should see WCDMA 2100. From googling my understanding is UMTS is built on top of WCDMA. So technically you're good.

Now why 3G may not work in India - One possibility is you may not have the APN settings configured for the local operator.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Since the title of this thread refers to flashing firmware, I've a question: Can one flash the international (D320) firmware i.e. kdz file without any modification on the MS323 phone? Yes I'm aware about the boot loader being locked. But the goal here is to flash LG's own kdz as is - perhaps by tricking the LG Mobile Support Tool. There is a thread that talks in general about flashing any kdz. But it appears to be leveraging the older version of LG tool. Curious, if any one has tried using the newer version or has alternatives ideas if this can be done.

jpwall-cell

Jan 29, 2013
i am also stuck at 2G

hi thank u for the reply. itried the way u told. there is wcdma2100 available. but when i select this it says fail.
but for wcdma1900 it says pass.
i think since metro pcs doesnot operate on 2100hz this may be disabled in s/w.
tthat is reason i was asking bout flashing diff firmware

can we unlock the bootloader ??

thanks

Please Help i have same problem.
Any one Have LG D320N Firmware then please post link..

jpwall-cell

Jan 29, 2013
Lost the Hope and Sold MS323

Check out the Metro PCS LG 70 thread for the D320 firmware (FYI - It's not D320N but D320 may be of alternate interest). There is also another thread about flashing KDZ. If you're able to flash successfully, please do post your experience.

i have tried to flash d320 firmware but i was not able to complete because driver error.

After doing try and error i have finally sold the device.
But plan to buy if confirmed to be work on 3G.
Thanks for reply.

AndyIce

Jun 22, 2014
Thanks For Reply.
But after flashing d320 firmware can we unlock 2100 band for use in india ?

The band may have been disabled via software. If that is the case, you may get lucky. But if the hardware itself is absent to begin with, then the flashing will not help. Unless one tries, one cannot conclusively tell one way or the other.

sushantgupt

Aug 12, 2014
The band may have been disabled via software. If that is the case, you may get lucky. But if the hardware itself is absent to begin with, then the flashing will not help. Unless one tries, one cannot conclusively tell one way or the other.

According to earlier comments#5, the MS323 hardware supports WCDMA 2100 band, but this band is blocked by software.
So, anyone can try this method to unlock 2100 bands.

jains

Oct 14, 2014

Did you try enabling the WCDMA AWS Band under modem settings>WCDMA Only( to get this, please dial 3845#*323#)
Try this and see if if you can get 3G sinals in India...

ruppertf

Mar 3, 2016
I am also looking to see if the LG L70 can be flashed to a different baseband radio. I'd like to see if flashing the international firmware will not delete any data on my phone. I travel to Spain and woudl like the L70 to be on anything other than the 2G it defaults to. My L70 is BootLoader unlocked, carrier unlocked and rooted. Thanks.