samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
Fruit Cakes XDA Re-Releases.
USAGE
Download and install the CWM zip for the factory ROM you wish for.​
What is this?
This ROMs are simple copies of the official Motorola SBF, but in CWM form. Installing a SBF is dangerous, it could hard brick your device. Using this CWM versions the worst you can get is a soft brick.​
RELEASES
ATT
Official

ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Stock ROM (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Webtop

Test Server Finds
ATT 2.3.5 Stock ROM (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.5 Webtop (Still missing :[ )

ATT 2.3.6 Stock ROM [4.5.140] (No Webtop)
ATT 2.3.6 Webtop [4.5.140]

International ROMs
All missing, please contact me if you have any of them.

Zeljko1234 Back Up Links
Zeljko1234 Back Up Links Thread

Note: This releases do not include a release note as I did not create the ROMs. Motorola did, their release notes can be found on their website.

Last edited:

grave101

Aug 21, 2010
Thank you for this. Hopefully this will help those who downloaded and installed the OTA and don't want to hard brick.

Xenocyde

Oct 10, 2010
Jacksonville
OK I am a little confused if I flash this I can't use any future ota or do I have to flash the ota with this? I use rsd alot

Atrix - gingerbread 2.3.4 rooted with XDA premium application.

Reactions: AtrixMaximus

mysticdrew

Apr 2, 2011
OK I am a little confused if I flash this I can't use any future ota or do I have to flash the ota with this? I use rsd alot

you may or may not be able to use future OTA... but bottom line is RSD going forward can cause hard bricks so goal is to move toward flashing just through cwm or fastboot

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
abandon RSD, the only time you should ever RSD is when you UNlock your BL, after that never use it agin unless something requiewres it. if you ever want to go back to 183 or whatever, find the appropiate files here for CWM.

Reactions: radaps and Dav0

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
I would like to point out that right now sbf flashing back hard brick proble is only with the OTA people, but im sure more than likely the Release OTA will have a new BL and will cause this same issues all around. So CWM is the alternative moving forward!

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
I would like to point out that right now sbf flashing back hard brick proble is only with the OTA people, but im sure more than likely the Release OTA will have a new BL and will cause this same issues all around. So CWM is the alternative moving forward!

is there any way to determine the BL has changed from the leaked build, i mean the partition sizes or something else?

airbillion

Jan 2, 2008
Samcripp,

Awesome idea! I was hoping someone would do this. I don't know why anyone would rsd back to any previous version once we finally have the bootloader unlocked. We can flash anything we want now without worrying about losing the unlock or a hard brick.

Thanks a lot!

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Thanks sam, you have been very valuable to our community!

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

garekinokami

Jun 20, 2010
NYC
Nice job man. I was wondering why we are still bothering with RSD when we have Clockwork. I guess this signals the end of that crap. CW and Fruit Cakes FTW. Down with RSD!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fruit Cakes XDA Re-Releases.
    USAGE
    Download and install the CWM zip for the factory ROM you wish for.​
    What is this?
    This ROMs are simple copies of the official Motorola SBF, but in CWM form. Installing a SBF is dangerous, it could hard brick your device. Using this CWM versions the worst you can get is a soft brick.​
    RELEASES
    ATT
    Official

ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Stock ROM (No Webtop)
    ATT 2.3.4 [4.5.91] Webtop

Test Server Finds
    ATT 2.3.5 Stock ROM (No Webtop)
    ATT 2.3.5 Webtop (Still missing :[ )

ATT 2.3.6 Stock ROM [4.5.140] (No Webtop)
    ATT 2.3.6 Webtop [4.5.140]

International ROMs
    All missing, please contact me if you have any of them.

Zeljko1234 Back Up Links
    Zeljko1234 Back Up Links Thread

Note: This releases do not include a release note as I did not create the ROMs. Motorola did, their release notes can be found on their website.
    tutorial post coming soon
    Fruit Cake Maker or FCM

im currently working on an application that will allow anyone thats unlocked and rooted to create a fruit cake on one click. so stay tune, im not promessing anything but this week looks favorable.

now this application will have a basic ads supported version, as well as a paid pro version on the market.

i will also provide the source code on my github (eventually) and it will be avaialable for modders and rom creators to modify and personal use.

i will then write a tutorial on how to use the tool, and specialy the source code to extend your fruit cakes.
    Minus or mediafire. Please do.

Sent from my Dark Side MB860
    2.36 4.5 141 system and boot cwm-flashable pre-rooted please install superuser from market and let update su
    deodexed 2.3.6 4.5 141 files

Change system files with deodexed ones (under windows):
    unpack and copy app and framework folders to sdcard.
    cmd
    [C:\>cd\]
    [C:\>android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\]
    #not needed if adb path added to system variables
    adb shell [enter]
    su [enter]
    stop [enter]
    mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system [enter]
    rm /system/app/*.odex [enter]
    rm /system/framework/*.odex [enter]
    cp /sdcard-ext/app/* /system/app/ [enter]
    cp /sdcard-ext/framework/* /system/framework/ [enter]
    mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system [enter]
    reboot [enter]

Please use the info at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.
    All of you please be polite on my thread, there wont be no back and forth in this thread. Thanks for your colaboration.

As promised the webtop for 235 with firefox 6 is up!