problem updating

Search This thread

bjballar41

Oct 31, 2010
my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out

Wulamoc

Feb 20, 2012
my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out

I think this translates into:
attempted translation of bjballar41 said:
Yo, my girl's HTC Inspire won't update to google play. It be stuck on the Market icon. Anyone know what be fixin this issue?

Also, I see other peeps with what might be Sense 3.5, but how do I be catching up with that for my girl's phone? She be jealous of those other phone's ringtones!

Please help, and Thanks or somethin

I'm not sure how well my translator works, but it might be accurate enough.

So, bjballar41, uhh in regard to Sense and to the Market/Play question, is your Girlfriends phone rooted?

Last edited:
Reactions: Agoattamer

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
If the phone is not rooted, she might want to check for software/firmware updates. Sounds like she is still running froyo, android 2.2.

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
Uh, ROM version aside, there's a d/l for the play store.apk. Google it. I did that way back, b/c I was still on market 2.5 (I think)

But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect. :)

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
bjballar41 said:

As it is stock ATT never updated the Inspire to anything past 2.3 with the older sense. It didn't even get the Sense 3.0 update HTC pushed out. This is the reason foe not having the lock screen. Unless you root it and flash a custom from it won't happen. The market maybe OS version dependet

ST3ALTHPSYCH0

May 23, 2011
Fulton, IN
But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect. :)

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.

I don't know about better. It looks like the 3.x series of Market. I will say that the 2.x Market I had had started having random times where it wouldn't connect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think this translates into:
    attempted translation of bjballar41 said:
    Yo, my girl's HTC Inspire won't update to google play. It be stuck on the Market icon. Anyone know what be fixin this issue?

Also, I see other peeps with what might be Sense 3.5, but how do I be catching up with that for my girl's phone? She be jealous of those other phone's ringtones!

Please help, and Thanks or somethin

I'm not sure how well my translator works, but it might be accurate enough.

So, bjballar41, uhh in regard to Sense and to the Market/Play question, is your Girlfriends phone rooted?