820 spare battery and standalone battery charger options

Search This thread

danchar4

Feb 27, 2011
Seattle
I'm looking for cheap 820 spare batteries and a standalone battery charger. Understandably, this is a new phone and folks can't expect a lot of accessories to be on the market yet, but I figured we could have a thread to track the options.

For the Samsung Focus we were satisfied with generic batteries and chargers like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-GT-...sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+focus+battery+charger

These batteries are still working OK after a year of use although they only last about 80% as long as the name brand batteries and according to our kitchen scale weigh a few grams less. The charger just cut out and fails to charge after a solid year of daily use. I opened it up planning to diagnose with the multimeter, but never got around to fixing it. Really though for $13 it wasn't bad for 2 working spare batteries. So I'm looking for something similar for the 820.

Masterslice

Dec 2, 2007
South of
+1 for this, I am also looking for something same. Got it for my old HD2 and I bought the Lumnia 820, because of you can change the battery and extend your memory with the microSDHC Card. ;)
We will see what time will bring us on extensions for the device. I think its to new at the moment.

danchar4

Feb 27, 2011
Seattle

MagnaCore

Dec 26, 2010
I've used an external charger with adjusting pins for about a year. Radio shack sells them. It's not the best quality but as long as you don't drop it, its all good. No complaints other then the price. But locally their not easy to find.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium

Last edited:

jarruz

Aug 26, 2009
Warsaw
I don't understand why Nokia puts such low capacity battery... With these dimensions it should be about 2000mAh, just like in 720... Maybe small petition to Nokia or sth?

Sent from my RM-825_eu_poland_296 using Foroplex

jaythang

Mar 23, 2011
I can use my lumia 820 battery for 2 movies and 3 tv series. And it last long. so 1750 mAH is enough :)

danchar4

Feb 27, 2011
Seattle
The EZO battery is $6 shipped at Amazon 3rd party vendor Bluemall:
http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Standard-Lithium-Ion-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00B905GOK

Bluemall has pretty good reviews as an Amazon vendor too

We got the EZO battery and the cheap universal clamp charger from amazon as well. It works, but it doesn't last nearly as long as the OEM battery and the charger takes quite a long time to fully charge the battery. For $6 it ain't bad though.

darthcircuit

Apr 4, 2010
We got the EZO battery and the cheap universal clamp charger from amazon as well. It works, but it doesn't last nearly as long as the OEM battery and the charger takes quite a long time to fully charge the battery. For $6 it ain't bad though.

I tried the ezo battery, and it actually lasted longer than the original battery, when it worked. I may have gotten a bad one though because it just started dumping its full charge all at once, and my phone would just die after about 3 or so hours.