I disassembled my n4 and now it doesnt boot up (strange things inside)

Search This thread

Natural-Killer

Mar 25, 2011
Hi folks. I disassembled my n4, i reassembled and now it gets stuck in the bootanimation

The interesting thing is that i can flash roms with the flash-all.bat method, also using the toolkit (with a tick in the "soft brick"), i can aslo "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"...

But i still get stuck in the Fcking bootanimation.

I also disassembled it again in case i didnt reassemble something, but still the same.

I show you the log, just in case it says someting to you. Im starting to think about RIP

Last edited:

Sobaro

Oct 27, 2012
Lattakia
Reboot into recovery by pressing Volume down and Power then make a factory reset ..It happened to me once and it eorked for me :eek:

Natural-Killer

Mar 25, 2011
Thx but its not that easy. I alrdy did that.

Not the first time i got stuck in bootanimation... but its the first one i cant undo it with average tips

UPDATE: someone in other forum told me something about proximity sensor and android 4.3-4.4

I flashed a 4.2 rom and my n4 could finally boot up!!!

Going to try... dunno what to do now...

if i upgrade to 4.4 maybe it bricks again... let's see

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
On 4.2.2, do you have an imei # and baseband or does it say "unkown" for one or both?

Natural-Killer

Mar 25, 2011
i have both imei and baseband

i've downloaded two apps and both say that the proximity sensor is not working, so... im going to disassemble again and let's see if i can fix the proximity sensor issue. Maybe it's a little out of focus and cant see the light, what could cause the malkfunction

anyway, it looks that all the brick was due to the proximity sensor