[Q] Help needed please. Stuck on boot screen.

Search This thread

daytimeKnight

Feb 22, 2014
Hi guys. I was hoping that maybe some of you genius's maybe be able to help me out? I will try and explain my problem as clearly as possible.

I have an I9305 and an from the UK. I have rooted my phone before and used many custom roms. But quite recently I decide to unroot my phone and go back to a normal stock rom. Last week I got the urge
to root again and install some custom roms. I quickly discovered that since I had OTA my phone that the latest OS has problems (knox) with rooting. I did manage to root my phone. However, the problem started when I tried to install
twrp through Goomanager. I tried to reboot into recovery mode and my phone was stuck on the Galaxy S III splash start screen, and I could not get into recovery mode either. I could still get into download mode. Eventually I did manage
to restore my phone using odin, and install a stock rom for Ireland. After this I tried to install a stock from for the UK, and now my phone is now back to being stuck on the splash screen, and I can not enter recover mode on my phone
using the up/home/power combo, but I can still acces download mode and conect to odin. I have been searching on line for several days for some solutions and fixes, but I seem to be getting no where. So please, if you can help my out and hopefully get my phone back to life I would
be extremely grateful.

txr33

Jan 17, 2011
QLD
If you can boot to download mode, then have you tried to flash a custom recovery with odin? If its twrp you want then flash the twrp tar for i9305 which you can get off the team win website and then see if you can access recovery. If you can, then you should be able to flash a samsung 4.3 rom or cm rom from external sd if you don't have one on your internal or even restore a backup if you have one.

AllianceROM I9305

daytimeKnight

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried to flash cwm and twrp using odin. They seem to flash fine, but I can not enter recover mode at all. I have also tried to flash some custom roms and they also seem to flash fine, with no errors, but my phone is still stuck on the boot logo. Thanks for any more help.

Last edited:

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried to flash cwm and twrp using odin. They seem to flash fine, but I can not enter recover mode at all. I have also tried to flash some custom roms and they also seem to flash fine, with no errors, but my phone is still stuck on the boot logo. Thanks for any more help.

im afraid like me, your stuck on 4.3... download the offical rom and odin it across to your phone, you will not be able to root your phone from now on, your stuck stuck with stock 4.3.. you cant even enter recovery mode thanks to knox.. just the download mode.. like i said in my post "UP YOURS SAMSUNG" IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT LOL

Reactions: daytimeKnight

daytimeKnight

Feb 22, 2014
relating btuali

Thanks for you replies and help so far. It would be good if I could flash 4.3 through odin, but unfortunately after each successful flash, my phone remains on the sIII logo screen. Maybe there is a specific rom that you guys could recommend that I try? Thanks once again.

Last edited:

daytimeKnight

Feb 22, 2014
Hi there. A big thanks for taking the time to help and give advice. I now finaly have my phone working again.:eek: I used Odin 3.7 and the latest official rom, entitled "I9305XXUENA1_I9305SIOENA1_SIO.zip" Odin froze and stalled a few times trying to install but after a few tries it worked. I can now also get back into recovery mode now. So, I was wondering might it be a good idea to do the normal wipes in recovery mode. ie wipe cache, etc. Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

im afraid like me, your stuck on 4.3... download the offical rom and odin it across to your phone, you will not be able to root your phone from now on, your stuck stuck with stock 4.3.. you cant even enter recovery mode thanks to knox.. just the download mode.. like i said in my post "UP YOURS SAMSUNG" IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT LOL
    Yes keep it clean...