[MOD]Nexus 5 DPI Changing ZIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mats18

Jun 8, 2009
Here is my mod to make your Nexus 5 DPI different than stock! I have only done it for 445 DPI currently, if you would like you can modify your own or request for me to do so.

I will upload a zip every DPI requested.

UPDATE:I have just added a 370 DPI zip.

Hi

could you put on a zip for 400 dpi? Thanks for your work, Mats

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Will this effect Google play store? I know changing the phone DPI used to upset certain apps and prevent them from updating
Yes. Certain apps are only available on a specific DPI. You might see a "Your device is not compatible with this version" error message, or the app might not even show up in the Play Store at all. If you use the Xposed Framework, there's a module called 'Play Store Fixes' that will allow you to input a custom DPI. It basically tricks the Play Store by sending it the chosen DPI you entered. Works great. I use it myself.

fabio000

Jul 19, 2010
Mauá
If someone wants a DPI that is not on OP just need to do this:
download any of the zip files
  • go to system
  • extract dpi.sh
  • open dpi.sh with notepad++ or any other code editor
  • edit line 19
DPI="Value of the zip you downloaded"​
to​
DPI = "Value you want"
  • replace the zip dpi.sh with your edited dpi.sh
  • done

Reactions: BelzIgoh

zerosum0

Feb 7, 2015
You can do this with jrummys toolbox in two seconds to any dpi no zips and change back. Go to robuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my mod to make your Nexus 5 DPI different than stock! I have only done it for 445 DPI currently, if you would like you can modify your own or request for me to do so.

I will upload a zip every DPI requested.

UPDATE:I have just added a 370 DPI zip.
    What is the difference between this zip file verse the textdroid DPI app in the play store?Does your zip only do 1 size setting?

Each zip will only do one size, but it's more for automation purposes. I made it for myself since I use omni and like a different DPI than stock, I just include it in the flash after folder so it autoflashes the DPI change and I don't have to do anything else.

I decided to upload and make specific size based ones for users that would like something different to make their flashing desires less painful.
    Thanks, 445 is the best DPI to run the Nexus 5 at IMO.
    No problem, I made this for myself and just wanted to share in case others wanted to use something like it:)
    no 350 DPi is the optimal value. haha
    This is according to you, other users will like different values more.
    Here's an idea for you DF, use Aroma Installer for your script to let users input their own DPI, then use the input to parse to build.prop
    If someone wants a DPI that is not on OP just need to do this:
    download any of the zip files
    • go to system
    • extract dpi.sh
    • open dpi.sh with notepad++ or any other code editor
    • edit line 19
    DPI="Value of the zip you downloaded"​
    to​
    DPI = "Value you want"
    • replace the zip dpi.sh with your edited dpi.sh
    • done