[Q] Need help updating HTC One m7 to 4.4 kitkat

Search This thread

Azncurtis

Jun 13, 2014
My HTC one m7 is originally att but is unlocked to T-Mobile and has Android 4.1, but I want to install the update firmware 4.4 and it downloads from Ota off of att software update app, but when I proceed and it restarts the phone the update stops around the beginning and gives me a red triangle and fails. Anyone know why this is?? Also battery is charged passed 50%, s-on, no root. Any help please?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
My HTC one m7 is originally att but is unlocked to T-Mobile and has Android 4.1, but I want to install the update firmware 4.4 and it downloads from Ota off of att software update app, but when I proceed and it restarts the phone the update stops around the beginning and gives me a red triangle and fails. Anyone know why this is?? Also battery is charged passed 50%, s-on, no root. Any help please?

you need to be 100% stock to install ota updates.

see this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52894276&postcount=9

Azncurtis

Jun 13, 2014

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
By 100% stock you mean 100% AT&T service and everything?
Well then how would I go about it or would I have to manually get kitkat? Really it should be easier than that... Will T-Mobile latest firmware work without root or s-off ? Or maybe Google play edition firmware Rom.

looks like you did not read the link I have posted above.

The ota installation abort when it detect unexpected content of either /system files or /data/preload files. every files to be patched are checked by the updater script of the ota. it must be 100% stock, otherwise your recovery will stop the installation and show you this red triangle with an exclamation mark inside. you must either restore the deleted/modified files or restore your phone to stock (i.e using a ruu).

post the output of fastbot getvar all except the imei and serialno

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

By 100% stock you mean 100% AT&T service and everything?
Well then how would I go about it or would I have to manually get kitkat? Really it should be easier than that... Will T-Mobile latest firmware work without root or s-off ? Or maybe Google play edition firmware Rom.

and please post the ota file name

Last edited: