New S5 Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

l4zy415

Feb 11, 2011
San Francisco, Ca.
Hello gents, and ladies.

Before I got the S5, I started off with the S4. Was really happy switching to Android after owning the iPhone 4S for 3 years. I pretty much got tired of it, even when it was Jailbroken. After I saw the S4, I jumped on it.

Took me a week to get used to the S4. Finally got used to it and rooted the phone. After the 4.4.2 update was released, it started acting up. SIM card was unable to read and after a couple of restarts, it would work again. Then one day, the phone stopped reading the card and was unable to get it working again. I thought I needed a new card, so I had it replaced for free since it also wasn't working. The same night, I went to a drive in, and wanted to check the time on my phone, then find out the screen cracked :/.

So I went back to the AT&T store and picked up the S5. I love how fast the phone is and battery life is unbelievable. I even have it rooted thanks to the person that made it really simple to do. Hopefully one day I can do something productive and help around here. Till then, have a great weekend and a Happy 4th of July.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hello gents, and ladies.

Before I got the S5, I started off with the S4. Was really happy switching to Android after owning the iPhone 4S for 3 years. I pretty much got tired of it, even when it was Jailbroken. After I saw the S4, I jumped on it.

Took me a week to get used to the S4. Finally got used to it and rooted the phone. After the 4.4.2 update was released, it started acting up. SIM card was unable to read and after a couple of restarts, it would work again. Then one day, the phone stopped reading the card and was unable to get it working again. I thought I needed a new card, so I had it replaced for free since it also wasn't working. The same night, I went to a drive in, and wanted to check the time on my phone, then find out the screen cracked :/.

So I went back to the AT&T store and picked up the S5. I love how fast the phone is and battery life is unbelievable. I even have it rooted thanks to the person that made it really simple to do. Hopefully one day I can do something productive and help around here. Till then, have a great weekend and a Happy 4th of July.

Welcome and enjoy your phone :)

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Glad you're enjoying your s5 :)

There are many other people making the switch as well, which is being discussed in this thread. I'll close this one so you can further discuss with everyone in that thread on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.