ICS test firmware tackling Wi-Fi and HDMI issues

Search This thread

edeharo

May 17, 2007
rooted and switch the gonvernor to ondemand no more locks and reboots for two days

Archos 101G9 Turbo Version

myhrdak

Dec 26, 2007
after updating from honeycomb to 4.0.5 and now to 4.0.6 test2 i´ve noticed that
google talk video chat quits the video chat after 20 seconds.
furthermore i´ve bad sound problems during video chat because the speaker sends
the sound back through the mic, thats annoying.
are these both firmware based bugs? google talk video chat was stable on honeycomb!

on 4.0.6 test2 firmware there is no button in settings for configuring the archos remote! i hope this is easy to fix, thanks

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
So I rolled back to Honeycomb
Problems I had on ICS:
-system freezes when reading a pdf for all tested readers, additionaly for Adobe Reader about 1/8 of screen is flickering almost always (sometimes on bottom, sometimes on top of LCD)
-device gets quite hot (hardly touchable) when there is a minimal system load eg. unlocked desktop
-some ICS compatible 3d games have graphical glitches or FC's, sometimes touchscreen stops responding but for the game only (onscreen system buttons work fine)

Archibishop

Apr 19, 2012
Wifi connection problem is not relevant any more. Yesterday I decided to test built in alarm clock. It woke me up but 5 minutes after when I took the device the screen was white as snow. reboot didn't help. I finally noticed that it wasn't just white — it was working but like completely faded. And reaction on touches was slow as if it is -20 C. Tried to roll back to 328, 405 and back to test 406. Nothing changes. Seems to be a hardware problem. Returning it back to the seller when i'm back from vacation would solve the problem completely.

courville

Feb 11, 2010
Please note that the final 4.0.6 firmware has been released. It contains one more Wi-Fi fix that will hopefully solves more disconnection problems faced with some access points. Please share your experience with this new firmware if 4.0.6-TEST2 was not working for you. Thank you for your help and patience.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Please note that the final 4.0.6 firmware has been released. It contains one more Wi-Fi fix that will hopefully solves more disconnection problems faced with some access points. Please share your experience with this new firmware if 4.0.6-TEST2 was not working for you. Thank you for your help and patience.

HI !
Thank you very much !!! Please ..can you update gitorious/kernel - ics source cod for this release ?

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011

Thanks for keeping us updated!

ergoen

Jan 29, 2011
Göteborg

Hi, thanks for the patch, however I still have problems with the tablet freezing and rebooting. It's not always reproducible but it happens pretty often while viewing (heavy?) pdf files in adobe reader (this one has caused more than 5 crashes: http://db.tt/esmwb3S9) or when viewing xda developers in desktop mode with opera mobile.

Edit: here is /proc/last_kmsg from one such crash on 4.0.6 (opera mobile on xda developers) : http://pastebin.com/2CEmtPWY

Last edited:

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
Hi, thanks for the patch, however I still have problems with the tablet freezing and rebooting. It's not always reproducible but it happens pretty often while viewing (heavy?) pdf files in adobe reader
For me all pdf readers caused system hang on 4.0.5 (reset as the only option) but Adobe Reader also had probles with rendering- about 1/8 of screen flickering (fragment of current page <->fragment of next/previous page).
That's why I stick to 3.2.80

Oftopic: quantum gates you say? Wouldn't you be rather reading about Shroedinger's cat? ;)

realismo

Sep 24, 2010
This rendering problem caused by an developer option, try without 2d gpu acceleration.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

realismo

Sep 24, 2010
Try to restart after turned off the acceleration, this is the only thing what is working.

duncaneidaho

Aug 9, 2010
Paris

Thanks, it look likes it fixed my WiFi issues :)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
HI !

Unfortunately (for me) this update 4.0.6 is the first update ( since 3.2.69) in the tablet is closed only ! No FC , screen just freezes and stops responding - and reboots in a few seconds !!!
Problem is that until now ( with old firmware ) I never had even a fc' ! ;)

heyyo

Jun 14, 2008
HI !

Unfortunately (for me) this update 4.0.6 is the first update ( since 3.2.69) in the tablet is closed only ! No FC , screen just freezes and stops responding - and reboots in a few seconds !!!
Problem is that until now ( with old firmware ) I never had even a fc' ! ;)

I have exactly this behavior and additionally by browsing on internet with the default android web browser, it just closes randomly and rapidly.

I tried to change my wireless settings AES OR TKIP with WPA2-PSK, it's the same behavior. My router is a DLINK DSL-2760U Wireless N ADSL2+

My last_kmsg file with surdu_petru rooted version http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31745142/last_kmsg

I have to note that I had this exactly behavior with the official Archos rom 4.0.6 non rooted and without SDE.

paja-jojo

Nov 16, 2007
Hi, the 4.0.6 firmware didnt solve my Wi-Fi issues. It stil loops on obtaining IP.
I have hidden SSID - bud i tried also when SSID is not hidden.. this time it worked for first connection but then after reset no more conection.
I'm using ovislink wl5460ap v2 router. Is there any list of known working routers(APs)?
Edit: one more thought, maybe the delay (time) it waits for obtaining IP is too low - had any one considered this possibility?

Last edited:

pittnuma

Dec 17, 2009
Ripon, UK
www.ygc.co.uk
On my 101 All seems okay on 4.06 apart from wifi not waking up after the device has been inactive for a few minutes. (Rooted stock Rom).

My wifes 101, that freezes for no reason, usually when using internet, are there any logs that show what caused a freeze? (Her 101 is unrooted). Again her 101 does not wake the wifi after sleep.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please check the following firmware and report in this thread if it solves your Wi-Fi or HDMI issues.

http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4.0.4-TEST/firmware_archos_it4.aos

There might be still some audio out problems with HDMI with OMAP4430 ES2.2 based platforms (check in settings->about tablet->OMAP version): we are still working on it and will come up with a solution shortly.

Thank you for your help/feedback and patience.
    Here we go again: for those still experiencing issues with Wi-Fi we have a new test firmware that consists in a major upgrade for your evaluation:
    http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4.0.6-TEST4/firmware_archos_it4.aos
    Please note that this firmware also includes i) skype audio fix, ii) SGX performance boost, iii) some more CPU scheduler stability patches.
    If this is not the ultimate solution, it would be great to generate logs of the failures by installing/running the following applications after witnessing a problem:
    http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/debug/LogExtractor.apk
    that will generate a zip of the logs at the root of your tablet and post the result.

Thank you for your help and patience.
    All: thank you very much for your testing and reports.
    I see that we are making progress but there are still some issues left.
    We have a new firmware ready for you to test including some Wi-Fi changes:
    http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4.0.5-TEST/firmware_archos_it4.aos
    Thank you for your help/feedback and patience.
    All: official 4.0.5 is out. It contains some minor additional fixes but nothing new on the Wi-Fi front compared to the test firmware.
    For the fritzbox and speedsport owners (Atheros based AP): we are working on the issue with our Wi-Fi chipset provider, we have over the air captures of the issue. Please stay tuned.