How To Repair HTC One X Screen

Search This thread

authomassen

Aug 17, 2012
Is it anyone who have tried the repairs universe screen assambly and can comment on the quality? I tried to fix my HOX wit the parts4repair unit, and it was of really poor quality. The digitalizer was very bad, the buttons did not work and it did not have the tabs to transfer light to the buttons.

Anyone know wherento get a genuine, original screen assambly at a fair price?

Thanks,
Audun

halcy0n

Jul 11, 2012
I had no luck with DIY solutions...

I can't comment on their full assembly's quality, I ordered a separate digitiser at my first attempt. I wasn't satisfied with what I got, their product page shows a glass with HTC logo, what I got was one with AT&T. We don't have AT&T here in Europe, so having installed that glass would just scream that something got replaced here, decreasing potential resale value of the phone in future.
When asking for full refund (shipping was as much as the item itself), they just denied it stating that product was as advertised. :mad:

Finally, I decided the debate doesn't worth it, and sent back the item, for 30 day money back, refund arrived shortly after.

For my second run, I ordered a full assembly from chinaphoneaccessories on ebay, item seemed okay on first glance (although missed all the stamps and QC stickers what are on the original screen), but it turned out to be a low quality part later. Here is a list of annoying faults:
  • it misses some kind of coating, so it has distincly less glossy finish on touch, attracts more grease and dust
  • has a few tiny holes on the backside of glass in black coating around the touch hardware buttons, where light shines through
  • after my first plane trip (maybe totally unrelated?) several small leaks of vapour showed up from the side behind the digitiser glass

Since these turned up after installation and they failed to refund even my previous item ordered from them, so I couldn't do much about it. My final advice: just bring it to an authorised service point, and have it repaired officially.

authomassen

Aug 17, 2012
A follow up to my post on the top of this side. Parts4repair's customer service seems to be OK and they have promised me a replacement with quality equal to the original display, or a full refund.

For european owners of the one x who needs a new original screen, german ebay seems to be the best best place to go shopping, at least to my findings.

Kenia1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2008
Could you post a link about a precise shop where to buy an original screen please??
Thank you very much!

sellparts

Jul 25, 2012
HTC One X Complete Screen Assembly

HTC One X Earpiece Speaker
HTC One X Complete Screen Assembly
HTC One X Volume Button -White
HTC One X Flex Cable Flex Cable Ribbon
HTC One X Power Flex Cable
HTC One X Back Camera Flex Cable
HTC One X Dock Port Charging Connector
HTC One X Back Housing Assembly Cover -White
HTC One X SIM Tray -White

My repair parts bought on this site, very good, free shipping,low price!

dealrepairs.com

Kenia1234

Dec 15, 2008
Yes...but I'm in europe!
Is there a place to buy it original just like the cracked one that I got now?? :)
Thank you!

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010

Kenia1234

Dec 15, 2008
What a pity!! :(
Does anybody know where to buy an ORIGINAL OEM GENUINE HTC lcd+digitizer assembly?? :)
I don't care too much about the price, but I DON'T want those crappy, low quality, fat, cheap things!! :)
I got 4 units on ebay and now I'm on my fourth refund!!! :)
Everybody on ebay told me that their product is original when they're not!! :)
They're oversized, grey instead of black, low quality screen!!
Is there anybody who can link me a trusted seller where to buy an ORIGINAL product??
Thank you very much!

Reactions: Garoto1973

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
What a pity!! :(
Does anybody know where to buy an ORIGINAL OEM GENUINE HTC lcd+digitizer assembly?? :)
I don't care too much about the price, but I DON'T want those crappy, low quality, fat, cheap things!! :)
I got 4 units on ebay and now I'm on my fourth refund!!! :)
Everybody on ebay told me that their product is original when they're not!! :)
They're oversized, grey instead of black, low quality screen!!
Is there anybody who can link me a trusted seller where to buy an ORIGINAL product??
Thank you very much!

Same here I am desperate :(:(:(

Please some one come up with a link for a RELIABLE screen/digitizer for Tegra 3 International One X.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Our screens are for the US models. We have not tried them on the international variants at present.

@repairsuniverse since you opened this thread in the International One X forum with assembly instructions and everything , I think it would be better for you to clarify the above in the opening post.

I almost bought your product believing it was for the international versions. A shame as it looks high quality.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Basically, this guide is full of ****.

Do yourself a favor and either buy the combined assembly, or pay the HTC repair center to do it for you.

Kenia1234

Dec 15, 2008
Basically, this guide is full of ****.

Do yourself a favor and either buy the combined assembly, or pay the HTC repair center to do it for you.

Maybe you didn't understand what I had said...I bought 4 combined assembly! But none of them was original!!
Why is it that difficult to find an original piece at any price?
That's not about the method we use to repair it...it's just about the non original piece...

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
I contacted the best known cell phone repair center in my country (which serves HTC) and they confirmed there is only one part number for screen and digitizer for both the S4 and Tegra 3 phones.

This is kinda confirmed looking at the offerings in amazon which read:

HTC One X / One X AT&T / One XL / S720e / X325e / X325a / G23 ~ Full LCD Display+Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement

Product Features
HTC One X / One X AT&T / One XL
Full LCD Display+Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly
Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
The same as picture shown.
No tools included

Last edited:

Kenia1234

Dec 15, 2008
Yes the screen is the same...but the logo on the top is different...
I think that the most reliable stores here in europe are the Deutsch ones...
Could anybody confirm that?
It's unbelievable that it is so hard to find original htc spare parts!!

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
Yes the screen is the same...but the logo on the top is different...
I think that the most reliable stores here in europe are the Deutsch ones...
Could anybody confirm that?
It's unbelievable that it is so hard to find original htc spare parts!!

I also read in another thread that all replacement screens are very glossy and they don't have the "image close to the glass" effect. Apparently only the real htc ones have the glass pressed to the digitizer as it employ a special bonding process that the generic screens don't have.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Kenia1234

Dec 15, 2008
Hey friend!!
I've just bought this that seems to be original :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Original-HTC...ps=63&clkid=1673424141042908911&_qi=RTM742988

I will let you know as soon as I get it...in the meanwhile I discovered another one which seems to be original as well here :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/original-HTC..._Werkzeuge&hash=item5d349ab5a4#ht_3056wt_1125

but beware of something like this that pretend to be original but it's clearly NOT!! (see the absence of backlights path)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/HTC-ONE-X-LC...arts_Tools&hash=item58958cf52b#ht_2679wt_1125

I hope I've been helpful!!

Regards!

Reactions: Garoto1973

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
Hey friend!!
I've just bought this that seems to be original :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Original-HTC...ps=63&clkid=1673424141042908911&_qi=RTM742988

I will let you know as soon as I get it...in the meanwhile I discovered another one which seems to be original as well here :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/original-HTC..._Werkzeuge&hash=item5d349ab5a4#ht_3056wt_1125

but beware of something like this that pretend to be original but it's clearly NOT!! (see the absence of backlights path)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/HTC-ONE-X-LC...arts_Tools&hash=item58958cf52b#ht_2679wt_1125

I hope I've been helpful!!

Regards!

Excellent! I took mine to my local service center but I need to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive. I will keep your links handy just in case. The first 2 look original indeed which is also reflected in the price.

Good luck and keep us posted on the end result!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RepairsUniverse compiled a written repair guide to repair a damaged screen or other internal components on your HTC One X. This detailed take apart guide will walk you through each step on how to disassemble and replace the damaged parts on your One X.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC One X part(s):
    • HTC One X Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
    • HTC One X LCD Screen Replacement

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips (for touch screen repair)
    • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer

HTC One X Repair Guide:
    • First, use a safe open pry tool to begin releasing the back housing. Start at the bottom of the device and work your way around the edges, applying pressure to pop the case off. With all 3 sides released you can pull the device from the back cover. Be cautious as the battery is often adhered to the housing and will need to be removed with the rest of the device.
    • Once the back cover had been removed, we can now remove the small plastic housing located near the camera. Used Small Phillips screwdriver then remove the five (5) screws shown in red on figure 1.

htc-one-x-1a.jpg

Figure 1​

• There will be one (1) more small Phillips screws that will be located at the bottom of the motherboard, near the battery, that will need to be removed.
    • Start releasing all the connections located on the motherboard. Release the single pop connector and jaw connector located on the top of the motherboard (shown in orange in figure 1).
    • Release the power button flex cable and volume button flex cable from the housing. These will be lightly adhered to the housing (shown in green in figure 1).
    • You can now lightly lift the motherboard up, being careful as it is still attached with flex cables. The battery can also be swung out, revealing two (2) more connection on the skinny part of the motherboard. Release these two connections and remove the motherboard and battery from the device (shown in figure 2).

htc-one-x-2a.jpg

Figure 2​

• Use a heat gun or hair dryer to start warming the front of the screen assembly. Work around the outside edges of the screen on medium heat for about 45 seconds. This will soften the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the housing.
    • Once the screen is properly heated you can use a safe open pry tool to being lifting the screen assembly away from the housing. Be sure to lift both screens out at the same time.
    • After the screens are partially released, be sure the flex cables are fed through the housing. Remove the screen assembly.
    • Use the heat gun or hair dryer again to warm the seal between the touch screen and LCD screen. Use quick movements for about 30 seconds. Once this is complete, use a safe open pry tool to carefully separate the screens.
    • You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or LCD screen.

Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
    Thanks for the information. Very curious to know if this is really a original screen, if so I can order one for a friend of mine, who has a One X with a broken screen. Hopefully you can take some pictures once you installed it, I am especially interesed in the viewing angles of this screen.

Right screen fitted, it IS an original, fitted it, spot on!! Will put photos on when I can :good:

Viewing Angle Perfect!!

Link to photos below, unfortunetly cannot post links as I am a new user

w w w.d r o p b o x . c o m/sh/oq40am214eep0zj/RjTdlBGNH4/HTC%20One%20X%20Screen

Hope this helps everyone in sourcing a screen
    Well, at first thank you repair universe for your guide! It was useful for me!
    I repaired successfully my HTC One X and now it's great!

I'd like to share my experiences with you guys hoping that they'll be useful for you.
    Replacing the screen ain't an easy thing as you can easily understand but if you are very patient and good at this kind of things, and you are going to follow this guide, you can try.
    The most hard part was to find a good seller who can deliver you an Original HTC OEM product!
    Infact, most of the seller will send you a chinese crap item that will break in 4/5 month of usage and it's far from being an authentical Gorilla Glass Screen! I went over 4 refunds before getting a genuine one.
    The reliable seller that I found is express-homeshop, and you can visit it through the links that I've posted before; I believe that there are also some other shops where you can find authentical original screens..
    However if you need to know the difference between a crap and an original one, the method to find out if your screen is original is :

1)the screen must be as dark as the original cracked one if it's off!!
    2)you have to put a finger on the glass and another on the LCD panel and press. If it doesn't appear anything on the screen then it's original, otherwise you will get a "reverse bubble" effect which will turn on damaging the touch panel (crappy chinese products).
    3)The original units have three backlights conductive paths made in plastic, located between the glass and the lcd panel, that will redirect your backlights to the right place (otherwise they'll be shifted of about 0,5cm from the capacitive button place)
    4)The HTC logo on the top of the glass must be as tall as your cracked original screen (chinese's one is taller)
    5)The crappy unit is slightly thicker than the original and as soon as you reassembly the phone you will do notice that!! the screen will be higher than the plastic and it will cause a different feel of the phone and an increased probability to break your screen.

with this method you should distinguish a good assembly from a crappy one! They are very different as you can notice!

I strongly suggest you to take an original piece (even if it costs a little bit more 90€ against 160€) because the difference is very very noticeable (I had both original and crappy).

Don't believe to sellers who tell you that "it's original" without sending you photos of the real product. You need the photos and my method to be sure to purchase an original unit.
    And be sure that they will offer you a refund in case anything goes wrong!
    In fact, most of the sellers don't even know that their product is not original!

I hope that this will be helpful for you unlucky people with broken screen like I was before! :)

Now I leave you some photos of my new amazing original screen next to my old cracked one! :)

Regards!
    Yes this is possible. These screens are not fused together but held by adhesive. You will need to apply heat on the front touchscreen too loosen the adhesive. Good luck with the repair.
    The screen for the international and AT&T version are the same except for the fact that they have a different logo in the front as far as I know...
    However I successfully repaired my phone by myself...
    The piece I bought was original HTC!
    Now my phone is repaired and I M very happy with it...
    Ps if you need any photo of my repaired phone just ask...

Inviato dal mio HTC One X

Glad to hear your repair went well!