[Q] Dont have options to switch to MSC mode from MTP

Search This thread

leechgod27

Dec 11, 2010
valsad
I am on ICS 4.0.4 build 6.1.A.0.452 on my xperia S.
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.
But its not there in my phone!!simply no option at all!!

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out :(
wether connected or not

see attached pic

lilude56214

Feb 16, 2012
Rooting guide for 4.0.4(locked bootloader) is available by doomlord...But one of the requirement says phone to be in USB Msc connection mode. my question is ,everyone says to select MSC mode in settings-xperia-connectivity.

there is an option of mount usb in settings-storge,but that is always grayed out :(
wether connected or not

see attached pic

haha, never seen any option in this regardless of MTP only. Going to Themes & apps thread and you'll see a thread " Sdcard mounter for ics "

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

leechgod27

Dec 11, 2010
valsad
Yes ,actually doomlord posted a tool for getting USB mass transfer mode when we(xperia s)were in Gingerbread.But people say ICS already have it!!I dont see it anywhere in settings.

leechgod27

Dec 11, 2010
valsad

saber47

Apr 27, 2011
Hey, no need msc mode enabled to root. What you need is install cwm & install su.zip in cwm

I'm new here. I am now also searching how to root my xperia neo with ics in mtp mode. It seems to me that you also need root to install cwm.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

aman.goel.hry

Dec 29, 2012
GURGAON

wether connected or not

see attached pic

use debugging mode ON and usb tethring ON. this both will help you to use your device for rooting processs...

Reactions: ashishwt

thirupathiji

May 4, 2014
Madurai

wether connected or not

see attached pic

same problem to me.xperia p not connect pc charging only.usb debugging enabled.it not shows msc mode.mtp only

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-22.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-35.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-21-33-54.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 443

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    see here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1744878

but actually you need root access to install that app & on other hand you need Msc mode enabled to "root" stock ICS!!

So what should be done?
    I want to root it

Hey, no need msc mode enabled to root. What you need is install cwm & install su.zip in cwm

wether connected or not

see attached pic

use debugging mode ON and usb tethring ON. this both will help you to use your device for rooting processs...