Nokia DT-910 Charger-Did you have to modify it?

Search This thread

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
I just received my DT-910 charger today and right off the bat it didn't work. The phone would not charge in portrait or landscape modes. I messed with it a bit, and ended up cutting and taping a thick plastic stick to the bottom of the back rest to raise my phone up in landscape mode so the charger comes in contact with the Qi coil in the phone. It still won't work in portrait mode which isn't a big deal since I mainly bought this charger to use it in landscape mode. Has anyone else that bought this charger had to make modifications to get it to work?

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
IMG_20140212_211536_zpsd7dbd783.jpg

Gonna paint the stick black so it blends in.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I just received my DT-910 charger today and right off the bat it didn't work. The phone would not charge in portrait or landscape modes. I messed with it a bit, and ended up cutting and taping a thick plastic stick to the bottom of the back rest to raise my phone up in landscape mode so the charger comes in contact with the Qi coil in the phone. It still won't work in portrait mode which isn't a big deal since I mainly bought this charger to use it in landscape mode. Has anyone else that bought this charger had to make modifications to get it to work?

What's funny is, is that I also just purchased it today from a guy from Craigslist. I bought 2 for $20.

You don't have to modify it for it to charge in portrait but landscape mode you do since it won't connect.

sent from my neXus 5

Reactions: t1.8matt

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
What's funny is, is that I also just purchased it today from a guy from Craigslist. I bought 2 for $20.

You don't have to modify it for it to charge in portrait but landscape mode you do since it won't connect.

sent from my neXus 5

I wonder why I can't get it to charge in portrait then? Not a big deal. I did notice my phone is getting pretty warm sitting on the charger. It didn't get a fraction this hot on the Official Nexus charger.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Does the phone even recognize the charger? Like do the lightning bolt sign come up on the battery? Does the phone make a noise when it make contact? Do the Dt-910 light up?

At first I thought the charger wasn't working because I'm used to the fast charge of the OEM usb charger. It works but it works a bit slower than the OEM charger.

sent from my neXus 5

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Also are you using the phone with a phone case? A phone case can cause issues with a wireless charger.

sent from my neXus 5

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Does the phone even recognize the charger? Like do the lightning bolt sign come up on the battery? Does the phone make a noise when it make contact? Do the Dt-910 light up?

At first I thought the charger wasn't working because I'm used to the fast charge of the OEM usb charger. It works but it works a bit slower than the OEM charger.

sent from my neXus 5

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Also are you using the phone with a phone case? A phone case can cause issues with a wireless charger.

sent from my neXus 5

The charger only recognizes the phone in landscape mode, especially now since modifying the charger, light comes on, phone makes noise and my battery icon shows it's charging. I have the Spigen Slim Armor case on, but it definitely does not affect charging as it works with this charger and my Nexus wireless charger. I'd like to find an app showing what voltage and amperage this is charging at if possible, I got some digging to do.

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC

Works just fine for me. :good:

ZAQKjuol.jpg

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
The charger only recognizes the phone in landscape mode, especially now since modifying the charger, light comes on, phone makes noise and my battery icon shows it's charging. I have the Spigen Slim Armor case on, but it definitely does not affect charging as it works with this charger and my Nexus wireless charger. I'd like to find an app showing what voltage and amperage this is charging at if possible, I got some digging to do.

That's exactly why its not working in portrait. I've read that the Spigen case raises the height of the phone which puts the phone out of range from the charging coil. Remove the case and it will work flawlessly.

sent from my neXus 5

Kennypete

Nov 15, 2013
Erie, PA
I had the same issue - not being able to use the charger in portrait mode with a case on - and I solved it by cracking open the charger and moving the coil up a little bit. It really didn't take much, just take your time and you will be fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sent from my neXus 5

sent from my neXus 5

sent from my neXus 5

Works just fine for me. :good:

ZAQKjuol.jpg

That's exactly why its not working in portrait. I've read that the Spigen case raises the height of the phone which puts the phone out of range from the charging coil. Remove the case and it will work flawlessly.

sent from my neXus 5

sent from my neXus 5

That didn't even occur to me. Ha, thanks man.