[Solved] Problems with Xposed after taking 4.4.2 OTA accidentally

Search This thread

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
I was rooted on my Verizon non-DE 4.4 Moto X, and kept delaying the 4.4.2 OTA. I had rooted with slapmymoto and MotoWPNoMo. Last night, drunk, I guess I accepted it at some point. It looks like MotoWPNoMo worked as advertised, and I still have root access (at least verified with the Root Checker app). But Xposed is not working (it was with 4.4). It says "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?" I've done that many times, I've uninstalled and reinstalled rebooting multiple times through out the process. I'm not entirely sure if the problem is with root, or Xposed, or what. I've tried installing the Xposed 2.5 b1 apk with no success.

Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Edit: Changes to /system stick after a soft reboot. So a workaround for now, is "Installing/Updating" the Xposed framework, then canceling the alert asking to reboot and insteading choosing a soft reboot. This keeps Xposed loaded up and Gravity Box works upon the reboot. A little annoying, but not to bad to have to do each time I rarely, if ever, let my phone die/restart...

Last edited:
D

Darth

You have root, but Write protection is enabled. Anytime you reboot, root is broken. You can do rooted stuff, and when you reboot its all wiped again.

So you have root, but its near useless.

Any more info you need can be found with a search. Tonnes of discussion about this already in the threads.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
You have root, but Write protection is enabled. Anytime you reboot, root is broken. You can do rooted stuff, and when you reboot its all wiped again.

So you have root, but its near useless.

Any more info you need can be found with a search. Tonnes of discussion about this already in the threads.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Ok thanks for the reply, but I though MotoWpNoMo killed write protection permanently?

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
Thanks, reading the Xposed thread I was able to find a workaround. The changes to /system stick during a soft reboot... so "Installing/Updating" the Xposed framework, then canceling the alert asking if I'd like to reboot and insteading choosing a soft reboot, keeps Xposed loaded up and Gravity Box works upon reboot. A little annoying, but not to bad to have to do each time I rarely, if ever, let my phone die/restart...

Last edited:

hbar98

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks, reading the Xposed thread I was able to find a workaround. The changes to /system stick during a soft reboot... so "Installing/Updating" the Xposed framework, then canceling the alert asking if I'd like to reboot and insteading choosing a soft reboot, keeps Xposed loaded up and Gravity Box works upon reboot. A little bit of a pain, but not to bad to have to do each time I rarely, if ever, let my phone die/restart...

You're welcome.

Of course, you could always unlock your phone and not have to worry about write protection anymore.

Top Liked Posts