[APP] MIUI Browser (aka Charming Browser)

Search This thread

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
Thank you. Been using it the last couple of days and it's great and fast. Only have two complaints:

1. the hacked flash 10.1 used to watch hulu will not work on hulu.com. the stock browser will work.
2. the startup of the browser is too slow.

Other than that, its the best browser to date.

andyriot

Apr 27, 2008
love it. thank you for translating! this is exactly what i've been looking for.

OgremustCrush

Oct 13, 2006
With my short amount of use so far I love this browser. Very quick, and with exact amount and type of UI I like. All the weird links to chinese websites are kind of odd but easily ignored.

GU5TAF

Feb 9, 2010
Stockholm
gu5taf.deviantart.com
Maybe I mis-read but I thought this was translated. All my searches in Google are comming up in Chinese....
You didn't mis-read anything, you probably chose Baidu as the search engine didn't you? cos that's a chinese search engine hence the results would be in chinese... the search engine isn't actually built into the browser due to it being a search engine hence jpsiemer can't translate it.

Try picking Google from the dropdown menu when you want to search for something and you'll most likely get english results... due to google NOT being a chinese search engine.

And oh, in the future how about using some common sense before posting snide remarks about how you "mis-read" somebody elses hard work not being translated or at least if common sense isn't one of your strongest sides post you're question in a nice manner where people will feel like they want to help you.

EDIT: Sorry about this rant, I overeacted quite a bit... I apologise

Last edited:
Reactions: DecisiveGamer

jones79

Jul 3, 2010
Any one else have issues sending sms messages after installing this? I'm on evolution miui 1.29 port..

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Exodus615

May 22, 2010
You didn't mis-read anything, you probably chose Baidu as the search engine didn't you? cos that's a chinese search engine hence the results would be in chinese... the search engine isn't actually built into the browser due to it being a search engine hence jpsiemer can't translate it.

Try picking Google from the dropdown menu when you want to search for something and you'll most likely get english results... due to google NOT being a chinese search engine.

And oh, in the future how about using some common sense before posting snide remarks about how you "mis-read" somebody elses hard work not being translated or at least if common sense isn't one of your strongest sides post you're question in a nice manner where people will feel like they want to help you.

EDIT: If this wasn't the case I'm sorry for all the comments about you're lack of common sense but still you could have rephrased your post in a nicer fashion.

I bet you only did that becuase his icon was black there was a completely better and more friendlier way to handle that you douche

GU5TAF

Feb 9, 2010
Stockholm
gu5taf.deviantart.com
I bet you only did that becuase his icon was black there was a completely better and more friendlier way to handle that you douche
Okay seriously as if I'd start a race war on XDA, we're not in the 1950's anymore... get with it.

I just got annoyed at him mocking somebody elses hard work which they'd chosen to share for free with everyone here... I doubt he or you for that matter understand how much work translating an entire application is, and he metaphorically pissed on the translators hard work by saying he "mis-read" it being translated to english probably due to the fact the he just clicked the wrong button and instead of asking if this was the case for eveyone or if anyone had a fix or anything in that manner. He decides to whip out his **** and piss on the developers hard work.

I don't care if you're white, black, yellow or ****ing green like the incredible hulk when you disrespect somebody else's hard work which they've given you for free you deserve to be the victim of a rant.

Hoofdt

Oct 26, 2010
Anyone else having problems with the favorites thumbnails? I've entered 7 different pages (can't get rid of the music one for some reason) and they all show the same thumbnail. Pretty random because that thumbnail is one of those 7 pages :/

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
Maybe I mis-read but I thought this was translated. All my searches in Google are comming up in Chinese....

You can go into settings....advanced...and set google as your home page, but you lose the dashboard. I have not found an option to change the search engine.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Chinese did it again! The "Charming Browser" has a MIUI-like look and feel. So...

So I translated it! cn.miren.browser-v1.1-b97-mod2.apk

And I did it again! cn.miren.browser-v1.1-b102-mod2.apk

The only Chinese left is what it grabs from an external server (such as Books and Music).

EDIT: Sorry about this rant, I overeacted quite a bit... I apologise