FPSE - Xperia Play Touchpad Support for Gingerbread (6/10/12)

Search This thread

psymonr

Aug 24, 2011
I have XPlay GB 2.3.4 running and fpse 0.11.60, when I run a game, the L2 and R2 show up and the xperia play hardware keys work properly, the analogue pads also work, but only as digital input. When I switch the gamepad type from digital to analogue, the hareware buttons stop working and the pads/buttons are overlaid on the display, although the xperia analogue pad actually works with an analogue input. But remapping the hardware keys doesn't do anything, so you end up being stuck using the on screen buttons, has anyone had this problem? Or even a work around?

Nevermind, setting it to analogue and then disabling the overlay gamepad for the digital directional corss and triangle, circle, square and cross seems to work

Last edited:
Reactions: Nabeel_Nabs

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
Nevermind, setting it to analogue and then disabling the overlay gamepad for the digital directional corss and triangle, circle, square and cross seems to work

Thanks for this! I tried a handful of things including contacting the developer and we couldn't figure out what was wrong -_-.

EDIT- Just to make it clear for people having similar problems - the x circle square buttons do not show when the gamepad is out but they are still enabled, which is what was causing the bug.

Last edited:

cityhunter62

Jul 23, 2012
Arras
Hello Guys,

I've been using FPSE for some months, playing FFIX almost through the entire game, but noticed only yesterday that you can "activate" an option called OpenGL, which gives better and smoother graphics by removing the excess of pixelisation. Games look great when you activate OpenGL, but in my case, it seems that the Xperia Play cannot handle it: the game is excessively slow, thus not really playable.

Do you have the same problem? Can you play Playstation game on FPSE at a decent speed with OpenGL activated? Or is it just too slow to be playable? Or maybe it depends on the game you play: some games will be slow, but other will be okay?

Thanks for you feedback.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
There's a small list of games that can run at 60fps using the OpenGL graphics plugin however the majority cannot on the Xperia Play...

I've tried so many different things in order to try and get it to work, but in the end i gave up..

One thing I've not tried is using the Lite version of the NXT ROM which gives you almost 300MB RAM free for games... That, a really high overclock (1.9/2ghz), v14 Doomlord Kernel, Android 2.3.7... Not to mention the latest Adreno libs... Put 'em all together and perhaps you may get somewhere...

But no, Final Fantasy 9 definately cannot run in this mode... I completed the same game on my Play a few months back, tried OpenGL... Not a chance xD

At one point i got it to hover around 40 - 50 fps... And there's been a lot of updates to FPSe since... Perhaps I'll give it another shot sometime...

Reactions: cityhunter62

cityhunter62

Jul 23, 2012
Arras
Ok, thanks for the feedback anyway.
I guess I will try epsxe then, I've seen lots of good comments regarding this emulator.

Any way to transfer fpse's memory card saves to xpsxe's memory card? I'm at the end of the third disc of FF9, I don't want to start all over again ^^

TheVicious

May 31, 2010
I have one question. I'm thinking about unlock bootloader and set cpu to 1.2-1.4. Games runs better on overclock cpu? Is it worth to load custom kernel and overclock cpu?

Wysyłane z mojego R800i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

f3w1n

Apr 10, 2012
Ok, thanks for the feedback anyway.
I guess I will try epsxe then, I've seen lots of good comments regarding this emulator.

Any way to transfer fpse's memory card saves to xpsxe's memory card? I'm at the end of the third disc of FF9, I don't want to start all over again ^^

Try to rename the fpse mem card to the epsxe memecard (works from psxperia to fpse/epsxe)

- f3w1n -

shocito

Oct 7, 2011
I have one question. I'm thinking about unlock bootloader and set cpu to 1.2-1.4. Games runs better on overclock cpu? Is it worth to load custom kernel and overclock cpu?

Wysyłane z mojego R800i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Captain Obvious to the rescue!
Yes, the games run better with oc'ed cpu... I suggest you Doomkernel :)

Reactions: TheVicious

m.morcielago

May 24, 2013
Marand
Hey guys I have ICS on my xperia play.this app works very well.I love it.
Tekken
Driver
Winning elewen
But I want to play it in multiply mode.is it available?

Jost Xperia PLAY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FPSE the best (when it works) PSX emulator has added Xperia Play Analog Touchpad support to Gingerbread OS. Now who needs the PSxperia converter!!! :)

3eer_Q6vG2boAwNPEC2JDL433MHEFCLO2pCXPonNI-oOocxVjceN93lOp_PW6ohvfF0=w124

Download link

FPse 0.11.51 changes:
    - Xperia play analog pad support! thanks to Thiago. (Confirmed working on Gingerbread by myself)
    - New Sound option 'Reduce Latency , switch on from audio menu and select level to MISC menu. Lower is better (take care, if you have black screen change this value.
    - New 'Create/edit cheats'. edit is limited to 100kb.
    - New Framelimiter level option from MISC menu. will help you to tune speed.
    - Fixed Cheat engine.
    - Fixed crash when call received
    See more here:
    http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=24904#p24904
    haahahah....

I sent to him a way to implement the touchpads on Xperia Play that I found while I was doing this fix to the touchpads on CM9/Cm10 :)

I spent the entery night talking with him bout this, unfortunatelly I fell on sleep before the last result, but I'm glad he did it!
    May I ask which ICS rom you've tested? Or is it like work on all ICS ROMs?
    I tried on ICS Beta based ROMs. But I read that it'll work too on CM9 based ROMs, if you do this fix.
    The ICS Beta is it dwonload from XDA or your own made? If From XDA, can you pls also share the sname with me?

I am using the native Sony ROM now, think the CM9 fix might not work on this.....
    Actually I tried many ROMs based on the official ICS Beta and the ICS Beta itself, and the touchpads works on everyone on the FPSe. Also, I tried on ROMs ported from Xperia S and works either.

The fix is for CM9 ROMs. What it does is simply change the identification of the phone in the build.prop. If you are using a ICS ROM and the touchpad is not working, then follow the tips of the fix maybe works, even if is not based on CM9.

Well, if you're using the official Sony ROM (not the beta) then your system is GB (android 2.3.x) and the touchpads will not work with FPSe. There's no fix to it. But, if you like your games (native games, not psx over FPSe), go to ICS maybe is not a good idea. Many games have issues on this android version (in the Xperia play), like GTA, that is simply unplayable.

At the moment, I'm using the markphyton Rom and the touchpad is working without the need of any fix
    0.11.44 work, but i don't think this version support analog pad :(

Sent from my R800i using xda premium