[Q] Best Rom/ Ram

Search This thread

ben_2g0

Apr 17, 2011
Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Another question is, is it possible to Ram swap with class 4 mSD on our units?

Last is, is it possible to unroot?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Chris4evernoob

Mar 18, 2012
Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.

ben_2g0

Apr 17, 2011
Ram

Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.

Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!

why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...

ben_2g0

Apr 17, 2011
why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...

I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?

You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom

ben_2g0

Apr 17, 2011
You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom

Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.
just flash this rom, it has a custom kernel and it's stock with root enabled.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446774

CreekDirt

Mar 16, 2011
Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Thank you very much.
Yes, it is possible to swap card spaces. I have a 64gb that I want to try it with, but first I have to figure out how to root and rom my Player 5.

Reactions: ben_2g0

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
OK you want to swap your micro sd card with another. Of course it's possible. It's just external storage. I never tried with a 64gig card but in the accessories forum other members said it works for them.
he wants to use his external sd as ram not storage, which as far as i'm concerned, you cannot do

ben_2g0

Apr 17, 2011
Thank you very much to all of the dev and those who helped.

For now, I did root it and inserted the scripts I need and it is working like a charm. However, Atrix 2 has a script to switch the SD card from internal to external. Yes, I woulds like to do so. Is it possible to use class 6-10 card 64Gb? Better yet, if we can use part of the 64GB as an ADDED feature to increase the ram like a unix or linux style, will it be possible? If we could run the ram using entirely the class 10 SDcard, it would be the best. The unit will be lightning fast. Will have no lag on those who play heavy games.

It is just a question though.

By the way, the Ureadahead script for the SDcard, can it be set higher than 512 up to 1024 or 2048? or it depends on the latency of the processor and the ram capacity ?

Dev Teams,

Might see something interesting here for SGP4 & 5.

"http://androidromupdate.com/"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Devs,

Thank you very much.
    Yes, it is possible to swap card spaces. I have a 64gb that I want to try it with, but first I have to figure out how to root and rom my Player 5.