[ROM][4.4.2][jubei][Beanstalk and Fenris]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
Not a Moderator to Tell what to do but i think this is not correct place to start ROM thread

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/development

or

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/orig-development

i maybe completely wrong too :D

yep thats what i thought to, then read this at the top of the dev forum

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380904

which basically said if not you own it do not post it there, also suggested posting it here.

Since i only really tweaked the zip of beanstalk to produce Fenris, and just added a little bash code, dont know if it counts as my work, i did not compile anything at all.

Having said that am back at my linux box in 2 days and will compile it from scratch then :)

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
First of all, thank you for your effort around making tweaking and modding BeanStalk rom.
After, regarding where it should go, I think it "Android Development" category would fit, but I'm sure someone will confirm and move there if necessary.

ngyurov

Nov 18, 2010
Sounds great, can't wait to get home and try it out. I'm currently using PAC, but it lacks a lot of the usual PAC features. Same is for paranoid for Flo, it's almost completely pure AOSP and lacks a lot of the usual features.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ngyurov

Nov 18, 2010
What kernel should I use for this - CAF or AOSP?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
I'll be happy if it just doesn't random reboot like the CM11 does. So far, only stock is solid. :(

Nope zero problems for me :)
V6 semed to have got lost in the air somewhere , but v7 ( pretty stable i think just doing last of the tests ) is up and very very very good :)
A bit of a warning here, Fenris is not like other roms, to get the best out of it either read the setup instructions with a fine tooth comb, or be VERY familiar with lucky patcher already :)

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
V8 fails to flash. Twrp gave me a failed updater binary error (or something like that) error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Ok am on it, will have a look and fix if necessary within the hour,
There is a separate problem, the new build of beanstalk i am using seems to have broken bluetooth, i have just checked on a clean unmodified beanstalk / fresh flash and def something up with the Bluetooth, since im not compiling it yet doubt can fix, am revering back to the previous release and checking its working on that, if not going on that will be changing rom base.

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
Just flashed my local V8 with no problems, twice to check,
So has to be a upload/download issue, can you try re-downloading and try again ?, if still issue will re-upload file.
What does the TWRP window say ? does it fail at a script line or fail at the beginning ?

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
Just flashed my local V8 with no problems, twice to check,
So has to be a upload/download issue, can you try re-downloading and try again ?, if still issue will re-upload file.
What does the TWRP window say ? does it fail at a script line or fail at the beginning ?

uploadfromtaptalk1395348115090.jpg

I redownloaded and tried it again. The attached picture shows the error I am getting. I am using multirom if that makes a difference

Sent from my LG-VS980

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
View attachment 2641154

I redownloaded and tried it again. The attached picture shows the error I am getting. I am using multirom if that makes a difference

Sent from my LG-VS980

hmm yes obviously an issue when flashing as secondary rom, maybe something to do with the new " check journals gone with a script " feature, will remove it and see if that makes a difference, will call it v8.1 and do it for tonight.

Ps seems Bluetooth does work, just the options>blutooth>on/of switch is flaky, can be swiched well with the drop-down panels.
Its a small bug and do not think its reason to switch base rom.
Have checked pairing with few devices,all pair, by no means a good spread :)

Reactions: oadam11

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
8.1 is uploaded , can i ask what TWRP you are using ? , i dont recognise your screenshots, is it the multirom app ? I use 2.7 multirom TWRP and it does not look like that :) ( in fact your screens look much better )

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
8.1 is uploaded , can i ask what TWRP you are using ? , i dont recognise your screenshots, is it the multirom app ? I use 2.7 multirom TWRP and it does not look like that :) ( in fact your screens look much better )

I'm on the latest multirom 2.7. I use a twrp theme so that's why it looks different. Thanks. I'm going to try 8.1 once its done downloading

Here is the forum to the theme that I use
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409432

[THEME][N7.2] TWRP Holofied - Black / Dark / Light / Play / XDA / MultiROM [12/03/14]

Sent from my Nexus 7

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
I'm on the latest multirom 2.7. I use a twrp theme so that's why it looks different. Thanks. I'm going to try 8.1 once its done downloading

Here is the forum to the theme that I use
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409432

[THEME][N7.2] TWRP Holofied - Black / Dark / Light / Play / XDA / MultiROM [12/03/14]

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ahhh thank you very very much, must say one learns something new every day on XDA :)

jubei_mitsuyoshi

Mar 23, 2013
Ok found/fixed the issue with Fenris and multirom, the multirom environment is incompatible with my ext4 journal fix, hence i have made a version without my ext4 fix, its in the same folder but with a "multirom" tag, just tested and will be good.
I do a fair amount of weird kernel tweaking in the init.d , no idea if any of that is multirom complaint, certainly have not tested it in that env :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fenris https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir is one evil wolf.

ooops a little to evil i think, withdrawn until i review the buzz
    View attachment 2641154

Sent from my LG-VS980

hmm yes obviously an issue when flashing as secondary rom, maybe something to do with the new " check journals gone with a script " feature, will remove it and see if that makes a difference, will call it v8.1 and do it for tonight.

Ps seems Bluetooth does work, just the options>blutooth>on/of switch is flaky, can be swiched well with the drop-down panels.
    Its a small bug and do not think its reason to switch base rom.
    Have checked pairing with few devices,all pair, by no means a good spread :)